cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXDB Installation error - Some Database application might still be running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am trying to install SAP trial version . While installation of MAXDB serve , I am getting an error " Some database application might still be running"

I dont have any other database installed on my system .

Kindly reply what can be the possible reason for this .

Thanks n Regards

Manik L Dhakate

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Are you able to solve your issue. I am getting same error while I was installing.

Please reply solution that you found for installing procedure.

Thanks,

Amara.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same issue.

I check the file SDBINSTMsg...*.log

I found this error.

ERR: Service check failed

ERR: cannot open "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc\services" to write: No such file or directory

I'm running my laptop under Win7.

I solved the problem like this :

I copied the directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc into the directory C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers

then I have files and the installation continue.

You're welcome.

Edward

0 Kudos

I am getting the same error

Can anyone help me in this regard

The database installer reported an error.Some database applications might still be running.

Solution:Check the log file sdbinst.

os is suse linux serfver 10 sp3,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Edward .. your solution worked for me.... Thanks for posting the solution.. I guess most of the Windows 7 users would be getting this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward.

I was looking for a solution of this error and found your advice in this thread.

It also helped me, thanx a lot!

Yours

Dietrich Kunze

Former Member
0 Kudos

Works great!

Thanks Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edward, you are the greatest man I have ever found!!

Can not imagine how many people have you helped with your advise...

Thanks!

daeheekim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Edward, It works for my system..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

Thanks a lot. Your advice worked for me as well. I was struggling with this for the past 2 days.

Regards,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks edward. It helped me alot and saved my time. but again i got problem at installing import abap stage.

error is

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :System call failed. Error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified. ) in execution of system call 'CreateProcessAsUser' with parameter (, NULL, Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW702/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL, &StartupInfo, &ProcessInfo), line (631) in file (synxcchapp.cpp), stack trace: iaxxejsctl.cpp: 272: EJS_ControllerImpl::executeScript() d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-1_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\iaxxejsbas.hpp: 450: EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall() iaxxejsexp.cpp: 178: EJS_Installer::invokeModuleCall() synxcchapp.cpp: 228: CSyChildApplicationImpl::start(false) synxcchapp.cpp: 252: CSyChildApplicationImpl::doStart() .). You can now:

• Choose Retry to repeat the current step.
  • Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.
  • Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW702/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/

Can you please me help me out. i strucked here from long time.

Thanking you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just had the same problem on Win8.

Installation is not ready yet, but Edward's advice has helped me too.

Thank you, Edward!

former_member184247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Edward.

I was getting same error while installing ERP 6 EHP 6 IDES Version Installation.

Your reply helped me a lot.

Thanks  Edward.

Regards

Sumeet S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edward Plaisance Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

your solution works great. Thank you!

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oleg,

i have the same problem on win 8

can you plz tel me, how did you solved this problem. I want to try Edwards solution but i can t find the SDBINSTMsg...*log File.

So  can tel me plz the Details how did solved this problem

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mourad,

the log file should be somewhere in your installation directory (for me it's C:\sapdb\data\wrk). You can just search in that directory for the filename.

But if you are sure you have the same problem - just copy the "etc" directory.

Best regards,

Oleg

canute
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problem, then, I tried your solution , it worked. Thanks  a lot

(I copied the directory  C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc into the directory C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers)

The error message is not all relevant.

0 Kudos

Awesome, thanks Edward!

Former Member
0 Kudos

EDWARD No se como lo resolviste, o como se te ocurrio la solución  pero funciona .

Saludos y gracias.

ATT

CARR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hola!!!

bueno, yo estuve 5 dias por que soy recontra nuevo y gracias a Edward pude solucionarlo!

te amo!

Freddy.

dmitry_yudin
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks you so much! This really solved the issue!

nilsbuer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Great help

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are a lifesaver bro!!

It works like a charm

Former Member
0 Kudos

great thnkx Edward Plaisance

dmitry_yudin
Participant
0 Kudos

It worked! Thanks man - you made my day!

Former Member
0 Kudos

wow!!!

Thanks Edward you are a life saver!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Edward, after some brainstorming, I deleted the Environmental Variable path for the old dbhome_1 and then 'hey presto' your solution solved the etc/services mystery. Keep up the good work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Edward , your solution worked , Thanks lot.

markus_schwope
Explorer
0 Kudos

yeah - this was solution for my Problem too.

Thank you very much!

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

When I copied the etc folder out to C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\drivers my install worked fine.

prabodh
Explorer
0 Kudos

this was solution for my Problem too

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had still the same issue today with Windows 8.1. And the solution for me was also the same as described here. Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had absolutely no issues what-so-ever. I also did not need to copy any "...\drivers\etc" content to anywhere else in my c drive.

I believe the trick is on the java you install before running sapinst.exe

I am using j2sdk-1_4_2_19-windows-i586-p.exe on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit (NOT, I repeat, NOT JRE)

Source: Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 1.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Dakhate,

I have almost same problem like that:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 3 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step: System call failed. Error 21 (The device is not ready. ) in execution of system call 'GetVolumePathName' with parameter (E:\), line (203) in file (synxcfsmnt.cpp), stack trace: iaxxejsctl.cpp: 146: EJS_ControllerImpl::executeSbertcript() d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\iaxxejsbas.hpp: 461: EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall() iaxxejsexp.cpp: 178: EJS_Installer::invokeModuleCall() iaxxbfile.cpp: 966: CIaOsFile::FSMountIterGet_impl() synxcfsmit.cpp: 497: CSyFSMountIteratorImpl::get() synxcfsmnt.cpp: 174: CSyFSMountImpl::CSyFSMountImpl(const CSyPath& E:/) .). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/.

What does it mean "the device is not ready?" By the way I'm a windows7 64 bit user

Hope you can help and get out to this. Badly needed this SAP.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Roberto,

let me suggest that you start a new topic for your problem - this issue has been resolved and your error message "21, the device is not ready" seems to have a different cause...

This said, a quick internet search for the Windows OS "error 21 device is not ready" seems to indicate that there might be a configuration problem with your hardware.

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

doesn't work on me

any idea ?

please help

0 Kudos

I had the same problem on WIN7, I used the wrong path.

If I used then ...syswow32/drivers/etc and put all the files in that path everything works fine.

Maybe check your target path.

nilsbuer
Explorer
0 Kudos

have you really copied the directory or only the files?

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there no additional output from the installation log file that might give you some more hints as to which program is causing this error? You might want to check if you have any running dbmserver (dbmsrv) processes on your machine, programs like DBMGUI, Database Studio, even when used remotely, can hinder in this case.

Did you perhaps already break of a previous installation attempt and it was not removed afterwards (before attempting again)?

Regards,

Roland