Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project coding mask problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

My coding mask is: 00/XXXX.X.XX.XX.XX.XX.XX

The First six characters are for the Project definition.

First I created the Project definition, eg: 13/0000.

Then I created the top level WBS element which will be the same as the Project definition, 13/0000.

Then I created the 9 second level WBS elements (limit is 9 as per the coding mask) eg: 13/0000.1, 13/0000.2 and upto 13/0000.9

Then I want to create some 20 WBS elements under the first WBS element (13/0000.1). At this time the system is allowing me to create the first 9 WBS elements, i.e, 13/0000.1.1, 13/0000.1.2 and so on upto 13/0000.1.9. According to the coding mask the system should allow me to create upto 99 WBS elements at this level. But this is not happening. I am surprised. I want to know why this is happening. Please help me out.

regards

Pratap

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

But if you see my coding mask, it is clear that the system must allow me to create 99 WBS elements at 3rd level and in the further levels also.

I want to create 13/0000.1.10 and upto 13/0000.1.25. The system is not allowing me to do this.

regards

Pratap

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there should be no reason why you cannot do 99 at level 3

check if you any validations in place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In OPSA under control tab set level of detail is 99 or not?

Regards.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OPSA - level of detail this is for display only

nothing to do with creating new objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the message you are getting when you r creating thOSE WBS?

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay in reply. There was some problem in SDN website here as a result of which I was not able to post my reply.

In the meanwhile I found out the reason for this problem.

My coding mask was 11/XXXX.X.XX.XX.XX.XX.XX

Since it is 'X', the project creation was not being allowed to create more than 9 WBS elements.

I then tried changing to 11/XXXX.0.00.00.00.00.00

Now it is working fine.

Thanks for your support guys.

But I have one more doubt now.

I have the old Coding (11/XXXX.X.XX.XX.XX.XX.XX) in my quality server. How do I make changes and transport it now? I may face problem since I have already created projects in the quality server with the old coding mask. Please sugget.

regards

Pratap