cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address change in customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have cretaed sales order and processed it with one customer.Created Delivery and posted goods issue.

After that I have changed the address of the customer and noticed that the adress is changed in the processed order also.

I would to like to know what is base intension of this.

Please help me out

Thank you

Regards,

Nagi Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nagi,

All Customer Address are stored in a central table - ADRC.

Infact this ADRC is the Master Table of all addresses in system (It is used for addresses of Customer, Vendors, other Business Partner, etc)

So any change you make in Customer Master Record in XD02 / VD02 it would change the entry in the ADRC & would show this effect in all the past documents also (like Sales Orders / Deliveries, etc).

This is SAP standard & you cannot change it.

Address details are only exception here. Rest all other data like payment terms, Condition record data are document specific. Meaning once the Document is created & saved any change in the Master Record would not impact the aleready processed documents.

Alternatively you can change the Customer Address while processing Sales Order:

VA02 - Double Click on Customer code & you will go to Header - partner screen.

Here once again click on required Partner code & you will go to Address screen. Here you can change the address (which is proposed from Customer Master record). This address change in Sales Order would be applicable only for the particular Sales Order & its subsequent documents. The Master Record would not be changed.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jignesh,

Thanks for your reply but I would like to know the intension of changing the adress in past records.

For ex, one slaes order is processed for the customer who belongs to country Germany.The sales order is processed according to german tax rules etc..Now the customer is moved to India.So when you change the country in Customer master which will inturn change the counry in processed sales order also.This will make the user misunderstanding as the tax rules might be different for two countries and only adress will be changed in processed sales order but not tax caluculatios

Hope this would help you in providing better answer.

thank you

Regards,

Nagi Reddy

Edited by: Veeranagi Reddy Venkata on Sep 8, 2009 12:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is SAP Standard that while only changing the Address of Customer will have effect in the previously created Documents.

Incoterms , Payment Terms will not have any effect on the previous Documents.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The logic behind the address change for previously created document is, once your customer shifted the office or change the address, the vendor should communicate on new address. It might be possible you want to communicate for earlier cretaed document to customer and if the system propose the old address, then the meesage delivered to old/wrong address. It is very crucial when you are sending the data through work flow.

Secondry, once you are changing the country or any other crucial address data the system give you a warning message "Check the data and processes dependent on the new country". Here you have to check the master and transaction data.

External data:

Address data

Bank details

Tax data

Reporting data (for example, based on foreign trade laws and regulations)

Internal data:

Reconciliation account

Payment method

Payment conditions

Cash management and forecast data

Hope it will clear your doubt.

Thanks and regards,

AKT

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Address of the CUSTOMER MASTER will be saved in the KNA1 which is the general data table for the Customer.. While processing the sales order this address will be copied into the sales order and saved in the VBPA table which is the Partner table.

If the address in the sales order will be automatically updated once it was changed but it wont update the VBPA for already processed orders.

I think you are check at the transaction level and not at the Table level.

Please compare the addresses of KNA1 and VBPA

regards,

santosh