cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next higher level manager should see the appraisal docs of the employees

0 Kudos

Hi,

My Business requirement is :

Currently the immediate reporting manager is able to see all the appraisal documents of his employees. But the new requirement is next higher level manger also should be able to see appraisal documents of the employees reporting directly or indirectly to him. For example A & B are reporting to C and C is reporting to D. C is able to see the appraisal docs of A & B . The new requirement is : D should be able to see the appraisal docs of A & B and also C.

Is there any way to implement this functionality.

Pl. help in this issue. This is very urgent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

You do one thing you just send the code so that all the contributors of sdn will go through it and can solve the problem. it will help you a lot.

Regards,

Azaz Ali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madan,

In HAP_DOCUMENT/document_where_particiapted.htm serves ur purpose. This will read all the appraisal document with <b> Others (further participants) </b>.

If ur higher level manager[D] wants to see the docus of

1) directly reporting emps [C],

2) indirectly reporting emps [A & B],

U can create 2 iviews using the following BSP Pages in HAP_DOCUMENT

1)document_todo.htm

2)document_where_participated.htm

U can filter the relavant docus by setting true to the statuses...

• we want to have the incompleted status (status 1-4)

ls_sel_status-ap_status_1 = c_true.

ls_sel_status-ap_status_2 = c_true.

ls_sel_status-ap_status_3 = c_true.

ls_sel_status-ap_status_4 = c_true.

2. The MSS iView (basically a team viewer) has HAP_STATUS as the 'View Group' in the back-end. This 'View Group' has 2 'Views' assigned to it (HAPALL - All Employees, HAPDIR - Directly Reporting Employees). These views are customized with evaluation paths which let manager view different employees.

Hope it helps .

Rgds,

jothi.

0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

Thank you very much for your reply. This really solves my purpose. If I am not disturbing you I would like to know how I can go ahead and modify these pages. I would like to contact you either by mail or phone. Pl. give me your contact details. I would like to talk to you ASAP.

Regards,

Madan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine.

Pls reward pts and close the thread.

U can contact me by mail.

rgds,

Jothi.

0 Kudos

I am ready to reward the points. I am sorry, I am new to this. Pl. tell me how to do award reward points. I also sent a mail to your id jothi.venkat@philips.com. Pl. help me. I am in urgent need.

Regards,

Madan Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madan,

Its Just an SDN way of saying Thanks.

U hav to click the options on the Left hand side.

As suggested change the status in the method "document_get_list_participated" in Oninitialization page.

rgds,

Jothi.

0 Kudos

But this is a standard method of BSP application. How can go and make the changes. I am ready thank you a lot becoz of the timely help you are extending. I am not seeing the options on the left side , I am seeing all the navigation links on my left side pane. Pl. ready to allott maximum points to you. I also sent an e-mail to your id jothi.venkat@philips.com. But your replies are faster here. so pl. continue these replies untill i could find a solution. Sorry for causing the inconvenience.

Regards,

madan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

U shd find some options under ur name in each thread.Ok leave it. Can u tell me Exactly what u want ?

While creating Document u hav to mention ur "Next level manager " in the further participant field.( This can be picked up dynamically by using BADI "HRHAP00_DOC_DEF_DO" -U can modify the BADI with ease.

After creation if u execute the BSP Page <b>document_whr_participated</b> ..u can see the relevant documents for ur higher level manager.

I hope for ur above req , no need to change the code.

anyhow ...Instead of using the method for getting the particiapted list I would use the function module 'HRHAP_DOCUMENT_GET_LIST_XXL' directly in oninitialization. This way your not modifying the standard but achieve the same. The document_get_list_participated is just an encapsulation of the function module...

Rgds,

Jothi.

Message was edited by: Jothivenkatachalam.P

0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

Thanks for reply. If use the next level manager in further participants, will it not become a part appraisal? Will it not be Like even higher level manager also should finish appraisal process, even after the immediate manager finishes his job? If this is not the case, then this solution perfectly meets my requirement. It is enough that the next higher level manager should be able to see the appraisal docs. Only if the immediate manager is not available during the appraisal process due to unforeseen circumstances, The next higher level manager can process the documents.

Regards,

madan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> If use the next level manager in further participants, will it not become a part appraisal? Will it not be Like even higher level manager also should finish appraisal process, even after the immediate manager finishes his job?

• No it won't be in part appraisal.

There is a seperate column for Part appraisal.

Rgds,

Jothi.

0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

This is really great to hear! Lets finalize on the summary of changes that I have to make for achieving this funtionality. I am writing down the following points as summary of changes. Pl. let me know the flow is correct or not.

1. I should create 2 iviews with the following pages in HAP_DOCUMENT.

A) document_todo.htm

B)document_where_participated.htm

2. I have to set true status to the relavant docs by the following code:

ls_sel_status-ap_status_1 = c_true.

ls_sel_status-ap_status_2 = c_true.

ls_sel_status-ap_status_3 = c_true.

ls_sel_status-ap_status_4 = c_true.

I am not able to find, how I can make these changes.

3. No need to make any changes to MSS Iview

4. Make the changes to the status in the method :document_get_list_participated

5. In the appraisal template, I have to mention next level manager in the further participant field, This will be automatically picked up by the BADI " HRHAP00_DOC_DEF_DO'. What modification is required for this BADI?

6. I should use the FM 'HRHAP_DOCUMENT_GET_LIST_XXL' instead of making changes to the method document_get_list_participated.

Pl. mention your views on this. Thanks a lot for your timely responses.

Regards,

Madan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) U can use the pages as it is unless there is any change.Else u copy the HAP_DOCUMENT to zHAP_DOCUMENT and modify.

2)Yes ..

if u wanna display all the docus, u hav to turn all the 9. ... 1 - plannning

2- preparation , 4 - in process ...and so on 9-approved .

These r the params to be passed to the FM 'HRHAP_DOCUMENT_GET_LIST_XXL'...

This will be in Method 'Docu_get_list_paticipated' in the Onintialzation of the BSP pages.

Instead of modifying the method .. u can directly use the FM in the Onintialozation evnt.

3.It depends .

We can use either or anyone them.

The Appraisel Overview ( PCD->Migrated content->MSS->Appraisal overview) can serve the purpose .

4.Instead of modifying the method .. u can directly use the FM in the Onintialization evnt.or either.

5.If u want nxt level mgr to be picked up automatically ...u can edit the std BADI HRHAP00_DOC_DEF_DO'(Default Manager)

Here just u hav to pick the relevant Higher manager instead of direct manager.

(In my case Appraisee initiate appraisal process .So the logged in employees higer mgr will be picked up automatically)

If Appraisers create Document for Appraisee ..no need to worry .u can just use the BADI directly ...

6.YES

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you for your replies and for your patience. I will explore all these possibilities. I will keep you updated about the progress of this task. Thanks once again. I really swear I am not seeing any options below my name to award the points. But anytime if I am able to see that option. First act I will do is that I will award the points to you.

Regards,

Madan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this thread..

All te best.

jothi.

0 Kudos

Hi Jothi,

Now I am able to see some options and so I selected very helpful answerI have allotted the points to you. I am doubtful whether the thread might close by choosing solved the problem option. So I did not select that becoz i would like to keep open this till my problem is solved. Certain i will award the points after the problem is solved.

Regards,

Madan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

I am also trying to do something similar. My goal is to change HAP_DOCUMENT BSP to allow Further Participants(FP) to change goal setting and appraisal documents.

for this i am changing the page document.where.participated.htm to enable the FP to change document(employee columns ONLY (objectives, checkboxes, employee assessment))for this i redirected the next page to 'change documnet'. Now i am able to change the appraisal document when i login as a further participant and if i am both the appraiser and apparisee. For the appraiser documents for which i am not the appraiser and appraisee, i am not able to change the fields in the document. I did some reasearch on this and came to know that some badis need to be used for this functionality.

Please advice If anyone came across such scenario.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you

saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

use the column access BADI