cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lots numbers instead of batch numbers in batch management

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have a issue, my client is manfacturing lock sets for cars.. and they are using in the existing process lots numbers for the FG materials . which is send out on FIFO basis.. and they want the lot numbers to be implement in SAP. but we suggested that through batch management one can do the FIFO basis. for the FG goods. gys pls tell me is there any possiblity of creating the lot numbers in batch mangement and how to do it..

And gys can u guide me on this additional point as well.. i have doubt in batch management that, how to create a class for FIFO basis and what charcterstics i can add to the class as my client are dealing with manfacturing of lock sets and steering coloumn. as FG. and the want to sent this FG goods on FIFO basis

Anticiapting ur reply in this regard

with regards

k.kumi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can maintain Classes at CL02 & Characteristics at CT04.In Characteristics , you can maintain Lot Number as one of the Characteristic and can continue Batch Process.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ankur.

Thanks for your valuable reply, can u clear me on the other point as well.

ie. my client is asking that they want only the lot numbers to be used in SAP. and they dont want to do it in the batch management

is it possible to do lot numbers generations of numbers without batch management in SAP. and if so what is the process.

and also throw me a light on

whether this lot number will be the same series of numbers in batch managment ?

or the batch management will take the charcterstics as lot numbers but will be picking a different series of numbers. ?

with regards

kumi

Answers (0)