cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_PRODCAT_HIER' not triggered during prod category replication in SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our material groups from ECC form a hierarchy and we want to build heirarchy while replicating product categories from ECC into SRM. I thought the BAdi 'BBP_PRODCAT_HIER' would be the right place to build the heirarchy, but this BAdi is not getting called during replication via R3AS. Has anyone successfully implemented this BAdi to build prod cat heirarchy?

We are on SRM 7.0 with ECC 6.0 as BE.

Any kind of help is really appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I believe BAdI BBP_PRODCAT_HIER method BACKEND_UPLOAD is still relevant for 7.0, so should be called during the replication of material groups. If you have it properly coded and activated, and it's not called, then it sounds like a system bug. Take a look at SAP Note 984763:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/984763

Cheers,

Serguei

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know if you can use BADI to achieve this. But in SRM70 there is one config activity in SPRO to activate hierarchies.

IMG>SRM>SRM Server>Cross Application Basic settings>Activate Hierarchies for Prod Categories.....

Hope this would help you.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagdish..our system is already configured to activate the prod category hierarchies. But, to actually build the hierarhy while replicating is done by using this BAdi( I know for sure in SRM 5.0). but, looks like this BAdi is called in SRM 7.0 during replication. Have you worked on creating hierarchies while replicating the material groups in SRM 7.0?

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Chandra