cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 5.0 IDES on SQL in Windows under VMWARE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help in installing IDES ECC5.0 on SQL 2000 in Windows 2003 Standard under VMWARE. After installing the SQL 2000 with SP 4, Latin Character set & colltion. I colud successfully install Central Instance, the problem I face while installing Database Instance, during the "Database Load" the installation keeps failing , I could not proceed further.

When I start the Database Instance installation again, I could not use the same SID, its throwing an error & Uninstallting SQL Server 2000 and reinstalling it solves the issue, do we have any workaround!!

Thanks in Advance.

Ahamed

Edited by: Ahamed Yasin on Sep 8, 2009 10:00 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I need your help in installing IDES ECC5.0 on SQL 2000 in Windows 2003 Standard under VMWARE. After installing the SQL 2000 with SP 4, Latin Character set & colltion. I colud successfully install Central Instance, the problem I face while installing Database Instance, during the "Database Load" the installation keeps failing , I could not proceed further.

Well - without knowing what was failing it's impossible to suggest something.

Imagine what you would ask a friend if he calls you on phone and says "My PC is not working, please help.."

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread Closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the errors you are receiving during the Database Load? Can you post the lines that contain the error from the sapinst logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> When I start the Database Instance installation again, I could not use the same SID, its throwing an error & Uninstallting SQL Server 2000 and reinstalling it solves the issue, do we have any workaround!!

no need to uninstall SQL Server just remove database so you can't get error for SId.

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker.