cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Server Error 500

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the NWDS to change the standard SAP software component ess~cod. My requirement is to add several extra fields and to remove an existing one. After investigating into this problem i found that the screen fields are controlled by a R/3 function module. I have copied and changed the coding for the function module into a new one. From the NWDS point of view I have reimported the standard SAP BAPI Model in the business logic component with my extra Z Function module. I have changed to context mappings to point to the Z function module. The mappings i changed were between the model context and controller context. Now when i try to test this by running and deploying i get an internal server 500 error. There is no description about the error on the web page. I assume i don't need to do anything with the JCo connections because i am using an existing RFC Model and JCO connections for this already exist and are green(active). I have tried to restart the J2EE engine but this has made no difference. What is unusual is that when i put the changes back to standard SAP it is still not working.

Can anyone please help me?

Many thanks

Sivajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivajan,

Which function module(FM) did you changed?

For COD, the screen fields description are populated in the 'detail table' of type HRXSS_WIW_DTL. So if you want to add or delete the fields to be displayed on a screen, you need to control the number of entries in this table in your Z Function Module.

I hope you have already implemented the JDI for ESS before starting the modifications and its configured correctly.

So after this you need to reimport this Z FM and do the Model Binding and Context Mapping again. After this you need to change the callRFCGetDetails and callRFCSaveDetails in the 'FcCodBusinessLogicComp' Component Controller to execute your new RFC's.

Then you need to do a Rebuild, DC Build and Deploy. After this you should restart your WAS and it should work fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Thanks for your help. I have already changed the coding in this function module 'HRXSS_COD_GET_DETAILS'. I have tested it in SE37 and happy with the result. I then changed the context mapping in the 'FcCodBusinessLogicComp' Component Controller with the BAPI Model Controller (I reimported this model and included the Z Function Module). I changed callRFCGetDetails Method to created an instance of the Z Function Module rather than the standard. I rebuilt the project and everything was fine. Then when i deploy and run i get an internal server error 500.

Please help as i have been stuck on this for a while.

Many thanks

Sivajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

The HTTP code 500 indicates internal error in your application.

Check on to the stacktrace in

<local drive>:\usr\sap\XXX\YYY\j2ee\cluster\server0\log

and check the latest files and lines with notepad.

This should help u in finding the exact error.

But what u r trying is correct. Just do this. Remove all the mappings from model - controller and then controller - view. Now reimport the model.

Restart the cluster.

Now Map ur nodes.

Hope it solves it.

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share your experience working wth Web Dynpro and RFC. please send me any documentation you have for the changes you made in webdynpro and FM. I will be happy to give you points.

chandru_josh@yahoo.com

thanks,