cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access the MDM catalog from a None-SAP procurement system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to access the MDM catalog from a external procurement system, and both MDM servser and external system server are in one intranet.

Can i config the URL, logon User/Password same with the parameters which we setted in web service? The important question confused us is the URL. Which URl should we provide to the external procurement system?

Waitting for yours feed back, many thanks in advance!

Duan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below URL, replace the necessary parameters

http://<WAS>:<Port>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM?sap-locale=EN&HOOK_URL=&mask=&namedSearch=General&username=<User... Name>&server=<MDM Server>&datalanguage=EN

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Jitesh,

Do you have some documents to explain this question detailly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to access SRM-MDM Catalog externally i.e. not from EBP then you can directly call the webservice created in SRM system with the URL provided in above post. I am not able to find any document related to this but we are using this hence the link posted should work for you as well.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I have try to access the MDM this the URL you gave to me before, it seems not available. The detail step as below:

1. I replaced all the necessary parameters in the URL reference the system parameters.

2. Connect the URL with the web browser such as Intenet Explore.

3. The page displayed in web browser is the UI appication log in page not the page which we want. And aslo remind us to key in the User ID and Password.

4. We log in with the MDM catalog user ID and password, a error page come out and the error type is the "500 Internal Server Error".

The error summary is "While processing the current request, an exception occured which could not be handled by the application or the framework. "

Root Cause: The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.PickList.loadData(PickList.java:226)

at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.wdp.InternalPickList.loadData(InternalPickList.java:258)

at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.PickList.checkConfig(PickList.java:405)

at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.wdp.InternalPickList.checkConfig(InternalPickList.java:270)

at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.PickListInterfaceView.onPlugfromHeaderViewInterfaceIn(PickListInterfaceView.java:95)

... 31 more

Have you met such problem before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should not ask for User ID and Password. Check whether the User you are passing has the Role Catalog User.

I tried this and its working fine

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I rechecked the URL and thelog on User profile, I puted a wrong User ID in the URL. Now it could work fine, many thanks for your help!

Edited by: Wendrin Duan on Sep 16, 2009 9:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please keep updating us as this is the basic requirement. If your problem gets solved then update the thread status.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender.

If your question is "if it is possible to connect MDM Catalog to Non-SAP System(For Ex: ERP)" ?

The answer is YES.

This is achieved throught the same settings which is done through the procurement system.

1. Launch the SPRO configuration

2. Click SAP Reference IMG

3. SAP Customizing Implementation Guide->Materials Management -> Purchasing-> Environement Data ->WebServices: ID and Description

In this location you can pass all the values(Catalog URL, username, password, mdm server etc) which you provide for the procurement system. So you can launch the catalog from Purhase requisition and select an item from the catalog and transfer it.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Bala

Answers (0)