cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO from Posting Change and storage type search - automatic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create automatic TO from a Posting Change where the Material exists in several Storage Types? the storage type search does not seem to work at all for Posting Changes.

bear with me.......

My situation is a Movement Type '944' created from MB1B Transfer Posting updating Stock from Unrestricted to Blocked 'S'. This movement is created automatically as the final part of 3 stage process which updates a Returned Blocked Sale of Consignment Stock back to Consignment Stock blocked.

There are 3 movements involved which should update the stock from Blocked Ownership to Blocked Consignment:-

943 Blocked to Unrestricted - blocked to unrestricted

412 Posting Change General - ownership to consignment

944 Urestricted to Blocked - being consignment to blocked

The first two work finr automatically, the third though creating a Posting Change fails to create the automatic Transfer Order.

The issue with the latter, is that it always appears in the listing for the background automatic job we create RLAUTA11 (TOs from Posting Change) as 'Whse number 002 Posting change notice 00000XXXXX Message no. L3622'

The issue is that there is usually Consignment Stock in Multiple Storage Types - if we go to LU04 to list the Posting Change and try to create a TO, it lists the storage type areas which have stock.

If things are left such that eventually only one of these Storage Types as stock to select, then the automatic TO is created (though not always from Storage Type required unless this was the one with stock)

I have tried to create Storage Type searches but these are ignored as far as I can see. There are no issues separately with TOs and the Storage Type searches from Transfer Requirements its seems to be Posting Changes only.

As anyone any advice? For this movement type '944' we always want the Posting Change to be selected from the same Storage Type.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I remember correctly the similar sceanrio I faced when I set up sceanrio with QM active with WM ,when system reject part qty or send full qty to block stock & creates posting change notice(PCN). When you try to convert this PCN into TO system does not understand which quant to be picked , it list various stock details with storage type from where you have to select particular quant for manual creation of TO. System could not create automatic TO in this case. This issue I checked with SAP & got anwer that it is not possible.

Your sceanrio is similar& answer to your question is that system is not able to decide which stock to be picked for TO creation & hence auto TO is not possible. You have to create TO manually only through LU04. Please check with SAP & I believe you will get similar answer. Please let me know if any other findings.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I eventually got a similar response from SAP, essentially auto creation Posting Change Notices is not possible as standard where several quants exist. The search strategy cannot be used.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good. So issue is clear now.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (0)