cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need information about Enhancement packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are planning to implement Enhancement Packages in our Solution Manager server. The primary purpose will be to generate reports for the BI and APO systems configured in the Solman 7.0 system-System status and health check reports.

Can anyone help me with some information and how beneficial EHP will be for reporting and any other better ways to utilize that?

Thanks,

Anupama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anupama,

EHPs has become mandatory for SolMan as of SP18

This means if you apply SOlMan 7.0 SP18 you will automatically get EHp1 for SolMan. The base foundation for that in return is NW 7.0 Ehp1.

SAP has come to that methodology as they claim that SolMan shall always be the latest version

HTH

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nesimi,

Thanks for the reply.

What i am looking for is the details about enhanced functionality after we apply Enhancement Pack- EHP1?

Can you provide me some info about the new features we can use in SolMan and, initially, a brief idea about how to activate those functionality in SolMan?

It would be great if you can share some information if you have in this regard.

Regards,

Anupama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama,

the EHp will be activated by default during the install. There is no switch framework like you have for ECC EHps

An overview of the new functions is available on the Service Marketplace: -> SAP Solution Manager -> Media Library -> Technical Papers.

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama,

Hope this is regarding EHP1 for solman?.

1) For Health Checks, you already have EWA- this forms the primary Report for your analysis of the system and by default you can get EWA for ABAP-(little configurations needed). But for getting EWA-Java you need to configure Diagnostics. Diagnostics will also help in root cause analysis,in case of any issue - EHP1 has the guided procedure for the same. Also Live cache- workload analysis is also possible.

2) System Status - Once the sytem monitoring and Alerting mechanism is configured, you can get the status of the system, Errors,

job failures etc. Its an enhancement of CCMS.

feel free to revert for queries.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jagan,

Thanks for the reply.

What i am looking for is the details about enhanced functionality after we apply Enhancement Pack- EHP1?

Can you provide me some info about the new features we can use in SolMan and, initially, a brief idea about how to activate those functionality in SolMan?

It would be great if you can share some information if you have in this regard.

Regards,

Anupama