cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding during Disaggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to disaggregate total demand into various plant locations. So I am using another percentage key figure to disaggregate total demand to two plant locations (Plant 1 and Plant 2).

I am totally confused about the rounding done by APO DP during disaggregation. Shown below is how I have defined the disaggregate percentage key figure (ZPER) against plant level demand (ZPDEM).

Key Fig Desc Calc Type Disag Key Fig

ZPDEM Plant level Demand P ZPER

Using a Macro, I copied Total Demand key figure (ZTDEM) to Plant Level Demand key figure (ZPDEM) at the highest level so that total demand disaggregates down to all plant locations (Plant 1 and Plant 2).

Example 1:

Total Demand = 4695000; Plant 1 ZPER = 50%, Plant 2 ZPER = 50%

After Macro is run: Plant 1 Demand = 2347498; Plant 2 Demand = 2347502

Expected : Plant 1 Demand = 2347500; Plant 2 Demand = 2347500

Example 2:

Total Demand = 4547700; Plant 1 ZPER = 40%, Plant 2 ZPER = 60%

After Macro is run: Plant 1 Demand = 1819081; Plant 2 Demand = 2728619

Expected : Plant 1 Demand = 1819080; Plant 2 Demand = 2728620

Please explain why this discrepancy between expected vs disaggregated values. I mean there cannot be a more simple and straight forward split other than 50%-50% or 40%-60% but still there's a deviation by 1 or 2 in the achieved result.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwint,

In planning area please check the following settings:

K- Based on another key figure

This option is basically the same as calculation type P.

The data is distributed to the lowest level of detail in the same proportions as those that can be derived from the values of another key figure. For example, you can apply the proportional distribution of the key figure "Baseline/statistical forecast" to the key figure "Manual adjustment". Note, however, that if no values exist for the key figure "Baseline/statistical forecast", no disaggregation takes place.

If you enter 'K, you must also specify on this screen the key figure on which disaggregation is based. Do this in the adjacent field "Disaggregation key figure".

SAP recommends that if you use option 'K' for time-based aggregation, you also use calculation type 'P'

Hoe you have done it correctly

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Now I as you said that system is not rounding properly: the reason could be time series data of Plants.

Please check the calendars/tim series for the respective plant.

and 2nd way first calculate the 2nd plant's demand first and then calculate 1st plant demand. If still you are getting same data as previous then definitely it will be time series problem for specific plant.

3rd If you are using same time series/calendar for both plants then you need to check the combination of Key figures details in planning area.

Hope this will solve your your problem.

Regards,

Santosh Kumar Mishra

Answers (0)