Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow error in CUP 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody

I have a workflow that is setup with two paths - one standard and one detour

the problem that i'm having is this: i have created a request with two roles, one with a role approver and one without. At the very end of the approval stage, after the risk analysis was done, the request fails with the following error:

"Failed to process your request, config error, approver not found for the following:"

rolename (which is not linked to any approvers)

Is it possible to fix this problem. At the moment i split the request in two and complete it separately and then i get no errors.

Thank you in advance.

Jacklyn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacklyn,

I tried to create the same scenario, system didn't returned any error while taking the detour path for the role with no approver defined.

Can you share the Workflow -> Detour/Fork Configuration ?

The one which worked for me was the condition :"Roles with No Role Owner " on the "Role owner Approver" stage.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

thank you for replying.

My Workflow Stage Detour configuration is as follows:

Path Stage Action Condition Value Detour Path

PRD_CHANGE_01 Divapprover Save Roles with no role owner No PRD_DET_TO_ROLEOWNER

THe request goes through without going to the role owner for approval

Many thanks

Jacklyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacklyn,

I just created a scenario with your detour configuration, change the Value to "Yes", and that should activate the Detour for roles with no approvers.

>Path Stage Action Condition Value Detour Path

>PRD_CHANGE_01 Divapprover Save Roles with no role owner No Yes PRD_DET_TO_ROLEOWNER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

i did the change but it didn't work. It came back with the following error:

failed to process your request, Config error, approvers not found for the following:

(rolename that is not linked to a role owner)

Thank you

Jacklyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacklyn,

Can you please let me know:

How many stages you have in workflow?

& for which stage you have defined the detour path ?

& in which stage you are getting this error?

Regards,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacklyn,

i agree with Mohit, you need to share more about the path that this request is using, just do a quick check to make sure that the request is following the path which you have created / desired for it to use.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everybody,

thank you for all the replies, i have found the difference in my development and production landscape. In the configuration tab, Roles, Role selection is a tick "auto approve roles without approvers"

This tick was switched on in DEV and not in PRD, after i have switched it on, everything worked.

Thank you again

Jacklyn