cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME Adapter failed to be initialized

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When I am running the managed system setup during configuration of diagnostics in solution manager, I am getting the error:

Roles - At least one support role assigment did not succeed

Step Roles Details

UME Adapter failed to be initialized. UME roles can not be assigned :

Neither http nor https port values are available, role assignment can not be performed

User SAPSUPPORT not found. J2EE Support Roles can not be assigned.

User SAPSUPPORT not found. J2EE Roles for XI can not be assigned.

Exceptions

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Neither http nor https port values are available, role assignment can not be performed

at com.sap.sup.admin.setup.SPMLAdapter.prepareSoapCall(SPMLAdapter.java:74)

at com.sap.sup.admin.setup.SPMLAdapter.<init>(SPMLAdapter.java:42)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupStep.setupRoles(RemoteSetupStep.java:286)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupStep.execute(RemoteSetupStep.java:117)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.SapInstance.setup(SapInstance.java:545)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService._setup(RemoteSetupService.java:159)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupService.setup(RemoteSetupService.java:86)

at com.sap.smd.agent.plugins.remotesetup.RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.dispatch(RemoteSetupServicep4_Skel.java:112)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:319)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:200)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:716)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Please help me out

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rohit,

You should mention the message server port in the setup step. the issue is regarding the same.

Please ensure that you have given the correct port and the same is available under the software component in SMSY.

You can get the port details from the system info page.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks!!

you mean I should maintain this port number for portal(JAVA system) in SMSY

and where should I mention the message server port number,I mean in while running which setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the field for message server in Managed system setup->Diagnostics Configuration->Configure Diagnostics->Java Connect Parameters?.

Also you find the message server port in SMSY ->systems-> software Comoponents->header data.

Ensure that you have given the correct port(message server) of the EP in those areas. for portal it should be 36<XX> XX instance no of SCS.

Are the other steps through?

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagan

Many thanks for your reply

Well I have already mantained these settings

The message port number is 3902.I have this number in SMSY

Also when I run the managed system setup,I have given the port 3902 in message server port number

and in the load balancer I have given the host name of JAVA system to be monitored

and for the system install path of the instance I have given H:\usr\sap\<SID>

and Instance path as H:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC03

I think these settings are correct,but when I run the setup,i get multiple errors:

1.SSO Setup failed:A problem occured while changing the authentication templates

2. The error which I have described in ths post related to UME

3. Wily host agent setup finished successfully with limitations.Data of at lease one action is not available in Enterprise manager.(torssmd01.cpr.ca:6001)

Not sure why these erros are coming. Any sugestions will be highly welcomed

Also I have not set SLD properly for diagnostics and the managed system,will this have an effect.This is the only thing that I feel is wrong..SLD setup.How have you set your SLD for diagnostics and Interscope

Please advice

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Try once using 3602 and let me know pls.

SLD acts as a Datasupplier for Diagnostics. But yes SMSY should be correct when going for a manual mainatenance of Data.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with port 3602 but it is not able to connect.It is giving the followng error:

An error occured while communicating with Message Server torsepd01.cpr.ca:3602 through the instance torsepd01/SPD/03[CI] (torsepd01.cpr.ca) : Error to retrieve the process from Message Server (detail:java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect);

nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect(cause=java.net.ConnectException Connection refused: connect)

Please check Message Server host/port.

I have checked the port number of the JAVA system(managed system) and it is 3902 and then I am able to connect

Just one thing in JAVA Connect patameters I am giving the values for the managed system.

Thanks

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

Not sure, where the Problem is? Port no. looks fine according to your statement.

Is enterprise portal a Standalone JAVA or a Dual Stack in your case? and where is the UME located?.

If its ABAP based UME, I believe you cannot go this way- also check accessing UME of portal.

Also, Is CUA present?.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagan,

well Enterprise portal is a standalone JAVA system.

We are using active directory as UME for portal

When I go to UME configuration in portal,I find the Data source as :dataSourceConfiguration_ads_readonly_db_with_krb5_bol2c.xml

Can I manually create a user in Portal and assign the roles to that user

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You can very well do that.

But, Create user first and Just Disable those user creation steps when you run the Configure Diagnostics step(in mnaged system setup).

But please make sure that you have got all the Java support roles assigned when you manaully create the user.

Thanks,

Jagan

Edited by: jagadheeshan govindasamy on Sep 8, 2009 1:47 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagan

I will do that..Also can you please help me out with the other SSO issue that I am getting with authentication templates that I have posted in this forum

Rohit