Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem of currency field in ALV grid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I am working on ALV gird editables. I have passed the CURR 17,2 type to the i_fcat table. But when I am trying to edit a new value to this field with a new value. i.e. '12345' it takes its value as '123.45'. and whenever I am entering a value '123.45' it gives error message that decimals 0 place. I am not able to make out this problem.

Even while I am doing get_cell_value, I am getting its returning 0.00 as e_value.

Any help in this regard will be helpful to me...

regards,

Brijesh Patel

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Are you using the FM "REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY" to populate field catalogue? if so, define this in your field catalogue for that particular field.

g_t_fieldcat-CFIELDNAME = 'X'

where <b>g_t_fieldcat</b> is your custom defined field catalogue. CFIELDNAME here refers to that column in the field catalogue as currency field and SAP automatically adjusts the decimal places.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more details.

Regards,

Vicky

PS: Award points if helpful

former_member184569
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brijesh,

Check this link.. It will help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/ff/4649baf17411d2b486006094192fe3/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Susmitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

whild building the fieldcatalog you have to ADD this

ls_fieldcat-datatype = 'CURRENCY'.