Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight not to be debited to customer receivables account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

How can we configure this (seemingly simple) pricing scenario :-

I have a frieght condition to calculate freight say ZFRT = $ 20, which is credited to a Freight account in the billing document.

Now, we dont want this freight amount to be recovered from the Customer, rather it should be debited to an expense account in the invoice.

Kindly suggest.

Your answers would be thankfully acknowledged.

shalini.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.. let me mould my query a bit....

in a somewhat similar situation, how to configure when we don't want to debit our customer the Tax amount..

Instead let us suppose we want to post the debit entry for tax amount to an Expense A/c?..

I heard there is something like non-recoverable (non-deductible) and recoverable (deductible) condition types provided by SAP especially for such a scenario.. Someone having worked on such similar scenarios, where we dont want to recover the Surcharges or Taxes from the customer?

All help is acknowledged,

regs,

shalini.

Edited by: shalinig on Sep 8, 2009 11:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with u r fi team once. While creating the G/L account thay can maintain it as Expence Account.using T.Code:KA01.

Regards

Jyothi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case there is an alternative where you can make another similar condition type with plus/minus indicator as X-Negative.But there is a constraint as per the accounting entries there should be debit or credit entry.so even if you dont debit the same to the customer & credit it to any other (freightG/L) then where will you make the debit entry?

R/Sanjeev

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Create a new Account Key in OV34.

2) Assign this Account Key to ZFRT in your Pricing Procedure

3) Get the Expense account G/L Account from FI

4) Go to VKOA and for the above account key, assign the G/L Account and save.

5) Create sale order, delivery, billing and excise invoice and check the accounting entry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already tried to do as you mentioned (by assigning new account key and assigning G/L account in VKOA), but the final entries look like following:

Debit:

Customer (Recon) A/R = 120

Credit:

Revenue =100

Freight=20

But i want the entries to look the following way in the accounting doc:

Debit:

Customer (Recon) A/R = 100

Debit expense a/c = 20

Credit:

Revenue =100

Freight=20