cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVC Web Dynpro for ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there anyone who can explain the concept of MVC (Model Viex Controller) in Web Dynpro ABAP?

Thanks

Mll Mat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer the Architecture of Wd Abap in this link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/77/3545415ea6f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm.

For more info on MVC , Refer this thread :

I hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

In fact, I understand the concepts: view and controller, while I don't understand the model concept.

Thanks

Mll Mat

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I suppose you could make the case that there is no model object in Web Dynpro ABAP - at least not a clearly defined model object as there is in Web Dynpro Java or BSP.

The designers of WDA didn't want to lock developers into having to create an extra model layer. One of the values of WDA is that it sits closely with the underlying business logic and data. Therefore it can easily reuse existing function modules or classes (or even contain SQL directly - although this isn't recommended).

There are different options for playing the role of model. You could create a faceless web dynpro component. This is sometimes used in large complex Floorplan Manager applications. However the cross-component context binding can represent a performance problem.

More often a class is used as a simple model. These are called feeder classes in POWL. But really any ABAP class can be used to separate out the logic for the model. Data from this class can be accessed and then bound to the local context. Sometimes people use the Assistance Class as a model. It is possible to share a single instance of an assistance class between a hierarchy of components - making it an efficient way to share data.

Of course there are the service call wizards. These aren't really models like in WDJ. Instead they are just shortcuts to generate context structures and code generators. However everything they generate can also be created by hand or altered after generation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas Jung for your reply.

Mll Mat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have a question concerning the Office Control UI-Eelement in Web Dynpro for ABAP:

How can I import spreadsheet data from the Office Control into a internal-table?

I have an Excel-sheet (without any data) which is shown initially in the Office Control. First the empty Excel-Sheet will be loaded and in the second step data from an alvxml-transformation will be loaded into the Excel-sheet with the method 'activatexmlsource'. This works so far. When I change the loaded data in the Office Control and save it it will be stored as XLS-File. The problem is that I'm not able to use existing Upload-FM because every function module I tried uses GUI-functions and WebDynpro has no GUI-functionality. I always get the error that data from clipboard cannot be imported.

So now the question is:

How can I import changed data from the Office control into a internal-table staying in Web Dynpro application?

Please give some advice, if you have some useful code or ideas.

Thanks

ram

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Ramakullay Challa - Do not post new, completely unrelated questions to existing threads. If you have a new question, then open a unique thread for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent reply Thomas. I had been looking for this "Model" paradox in WD4A for a long time.

Regards

Nandu

Answers (0)