cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account assignment Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I want to know as how system decides about the account assignment category like P or Q or N when a material component is added to and activity. Is it controlled via Valuated or non valuated project stock radio button on project definition screen under control data?

Please reply.

Cheers

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it is based on Project Stock. If you see SPRO in OPTT transation you can see for Project Stock it is "Q" and for T-P req for WBS it is "P".

Hope it helps

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

Thanks for our reply.

I still dont get it.

OPTT seems to give automatic document type and account assignment category for the purchase order. I dont see clear link to my original question and OPTT.

Also, I observed that when I attach a component and deliberatly change the item category to N, External procurement F, Collective stock, then procurement type automatically comes as Purchase requisition for network which also puts account assignment category as K.

If item category is L, external procument F, Collective Stock, then procurement type comes as Reservation for network which ultimately doesnt give any account assignment category or consumption posting or special stock indicator.

Whats is the reason for this behaviour?Any idea?

Cheers

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. The link between your query and OPTT is based on ORDER Type 20 - Network (see OPTT). Since you are assigning Materials to Network Activities Order Type 20 is considered.

2. The Subsequent queries of Item Category L & N are depending on the Procurement Indicator setting (OPS8)

2a When Item category N (i.e non stock) it is always PR in Network. Because the material is Non-stockable

2b. When Item Category L (i.e Stock Item) it can be Reservation / PR against WBS or Network depending on the Procurement Indicator.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on Material Master MRP 4 View Individual /Collective Indicator setting.

1) If it is Collective (2)

a) Item Category L : It is Reservation for Network. Acct Assignment ...Blank.

b) Item Category N ; It is either P.R to Network or T.P P.R to Network. Acct Assignmnet F or N ( As per OPTT).

2) If it is Indiv (1)

a) Item Category L : It is Reservation for WBS. Acct Assignment ...Q.

b) Item Category N ; Sys will display warning message that it is for indiv requirment, if process it, same as collective (2) case b.

Thanks

Saikishore.ganga

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you assign the material in network activity in the procurement TAB the value is flown from the below settings

OPS8, OPTT and more important is OME9.

Please explore them and you will come to understand.

Zinni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zinni,

I am not crystal clear about the concept. Could you make a final try to make me understand the sequence in which system decides about the account assignment category please.

This will enable me to close the thread at the earliest.

Cheers

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, I didnt see Saikishore Ganga's reply. I think its a SIXER reply and that what I was looking for i.e TO THE POINT.

Thank you all..

Cheers

Sunny