cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistency SAP R/3 vs Content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum!

We had to recover our SAP System (running on Oracle) to a special Point In Time.

Attached to the SAP System is a Contents Server. The Content is stored on filesystem. Therefore we were not able to get the Content to the same stand as the database. The Content was restored to a later time as the database.

My Question:

is it possible to find out which documents were created or changed after recovered Point In Time? e.g. are there orphaned documents - is there something like a consitency check? I am not so familar with CS

Thanks for your answers

Andreas

Edited by: Andreas Stahl on Sep 7, 2009 2:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first question you need to ask is if there where any archiving runs done between the time difference on those restores... I don't know how it works in your organization but usually archiving runs is done on a monthly basis.. so a few hours wouldn't have any effect... in any case the worst case scenario will be that a document will be in the database and CS so the next run will create a duplicate.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

i can definitively say that there was no archive run. Can you imagine what happens in following scenario:

I tell the users that all there work is lost from the recovered PIT. So they go on and repeat there work. Maybe one creates a document which is already in the CS because the restore of the CS happend later. What happens here?

Sorry, im not so much into it

Andreas

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there was no archiving runs... then should be perfectly ok.

You don't have to worry about that scenario

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thank you very much

Edited by: Andreas Stahl on Sep 7, 2009 3:30 PM

Answers (0)