cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters for RFC Destination API used for JCo in Java Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In a Java program running on a SAP J2EE Server we are using the Destination Service API to perform ABAP function modules calls via JCo. In the Java Engine we used NWA to define a destination to the ABAP system with a technical user:

NWA -> Configuration Management -> Security -> Destinations

No we are asking us what the following destination parameters do EXACTLY mean (SAP docu says nothing about that):

Max Pool size : 5

Max connections : 10

Max wait time : 10 sec

(the values given above are the SAP default values when we created the RFC destination).

Above all what is the relationship between Max Pool Size and Max Connections.

Additionally: How should/must we set these values when we are expecting:

- 100 concurrent users

- 500 concurrent users

and what are the consequences concerning harware resource consumption.

Thanx for any hints!

Regards,

Volker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's a link to the documentation : [Creating JCo Destinations|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/45a04028f40160e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm].

Maximum Pool Size

Specifies the maximum number of open connections stored in the pool. They can be immediately used by the application.

Maximum Connections

Specifies the maximum number of connections available in the pool. They can be generated at runtime. If all connections are used and the capacity of the pool is exhausted, the next requested connection is sent to a queue until another connection is closed. The duration of the waiting time in the queue is specifed by the option Maximum Waiting Time. If no connection is closed during this waiting time, an error message appears.If the number of Maximum Connections is higher than the number of Maximum Pool Size, the JCo connections that are not needed are immediately closed.

Connection Timeout (sec.)

Specifies the time after which an opened connection that is not needed is closed.

Maximum Waiting Time (sec.)

Specifies the maximum time to open a connection in the pool when the capacity of the pool is exhausted.

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre!

Thank you very much for that valuable information.

Almost everything is answered now except the question how many resources are consumed/blocked by such a pool and what would be good parameter values for e.g. 50 or 100 concurrent users.

Regards,

Volker

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also clear about this now but like I am a bit tensed to set to any specific value and trying to understand if it will create any instability to backend system.

If you know the answer please help me with my query @

Regards,

Porselvan