cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe submit button not working in the Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created the Interactive form and added it to a WDA. When I am executing the webdynpro in SE80 the form displays correctly and the submit button is working properly.

But we had a requirement to incluse this application in the Portal, when executing this in the Portal the form displays correctly, but there is no action when the submit button is clicked. Please assist.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nonhlahla,

You can enter a message in Formcalc in click event of the submittoSAP button and see if that's getting triggered or not.

$host.messageBox("Submit clicked");

And the in the onSubmit handler on the WD side also display a message using MessageManager class on screen.

This way you will come to know where the issue lies.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Chintan,

I'm already doing that, I have a message on the button event in the Form, and also another message on the Webdypro. The tricky part is this is working fine when I run it through SE80, but on the Portal I only get the Form button event and I don't get the Webdynpro message. Does anyone know how can i trace the problem, is there anything that we need to do on the portal for the Interactive form button to trigger the Webdynpro action?

Thanks,

N.L.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NL,

What type of form it is i.e. ActiveX / Native?

If its ActiveX you will need ACF on your machine, normally the dll is installed whenever the form is opened for first time and it requires Admin rights for user logged in.

If its Native then no installation is required, just check the coding you have in ALD for that button.

Also verify one more time from where did you select the Submit To SAP button i.e. the button should be from respective library depending on form type.

For Native, it should be something like mentioned below:-

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 705.20051114114126.253659.250577 - SubmitToSAP.xfo
                      ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");
                      // END OF DO NOT MODIFY

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

I am using the Native Form and I selected my submit button under the Webdynpro Native library also.

My code under the button looks like this:

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 800.20070410093956.383622.376748 - SubmitToSAP.xfo

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

I have ALD version 8, could this be having an effect?

Tx,

N.L.

phanir_mullapudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi N.L,

what is your Adobe Reader version. Can you upgrade your reader to 9.1 & try this, if you are on a lower version of reader like 8.0 ? ( since you said your ALD version is 8.0, we found some issue when using reader 8.0 with forms designed with ALD8.0 over https connections, while they were working on http connections normally, so try the upgrade & let me know )

Thanks,

Phani

Edited by: Phani Rajesh Mullapudi on Sep 10, 2009 7:07 PM