Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Position based security: any transition period?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus, If a person is transferred from one position to another, the next time the RHPROFL0 job runs, it will remove all the old position's roles and assign the new ones it finds from the new position; is it possible to have a transition period(e.g. 15 or 30 days) where the user can have both the old and new roles?

The Structural PD profiles do have an option to support this but is there a way to do this for all normal ABAP roles assigned to the Positions using the relationship infotype?

Thanks,

Arya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arya

Yes..this is possible by using the structural switch - AUTSW ADAYS. This switch is used to specify the tolerance time for authorization check in the event of org or position change. I think by default the switch is off.(not sure). If you do not want user to lose old authorization during the transition period you can activate the switch (I think default is 15 calendar days).

Hope this helps

Regards

Santosh kumar

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arya

Yes..this is possible by using the structural switch - AUTSW ADAYS. This switch is used to specify the tolerance time for authorization check in the event of org or position change. I think by default the switch is off.(not sure). If you do not want user to lose old authorization during the transition period you can activate the switch (I think default is 15 calendar days).

Hope this helps

Regards

Santosh kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh, thanks for your reply but I know that there is support available for HR general authorization(P_ORGIN) as well and Structural PD profile;Also the AUTSW ADAYS switch is not for structural but for general authorizations while the PLOGI ADAYS switch is for structural authorizations.

But my question was not limited to HR/Structural authorizations; I asked whether there is a way to have a transition period for non-HR stuff like FI security. For example when a person moves from a FI AP position to FI AR one, is it possible to retain the old ABAP roles for some transition period?

Arya