cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have approx 8 lakhs rec in my MDM rep.

I am just an end user of MDM ,woh login to the Data manger to perform Data validations.

However as the number of records in MDM increases day by day i observe that it is taking a lot of time to perfrom even small activities in DM.

To an extent that even opening the DM or switicking between tabs is taking very long.

Plz Guide me to improve this.

Thanks

AJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

My understanding is that the performance of MDM Server will depend on the processing speed and main memory capabilities of the machine on which it's installed.

Can you let us know your current system configuration?

Regards,

Madan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

Performane of MDM depends on many parameters like

1. Hardware configuration of the system where MDS is installed

System should be configured as per the sizing guide i.e. CPU, Hardisk and RAM required for successful MDM operations

2. Network speed between the machines where MDS and GUI Clients are installed

3. Change Tracking

Change Tracking should not be enabled for all the tables and for all the fields since everychange is written in database which unnecessary increase CPU time and database size

4. Data Modelling like Keyword, Sort Index

Keyword should not be enabled for all the fields or specifically for the fields having unique values since MDM load all the field values for which keyword is enabled at the time of loading which occupies lots of memory space.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta

one suggestion for improving performance-

If you have enabled change tracking for all tables and fields each record save or change means writing all the changes in the change tracking tables which is time consuming.

Enable change tracking for lesser number of fields and tables.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

As you are an enduser, you cannot do much to improve the processing speed from your end. Still try to do the followings:

1)Close all other applications on your system . MS outlook, internet explorer etc..

2)Check and Request any other user not to use DM at the same time

3)Request the core team/Basis team to increase the server capabilities.

Reg,

Bis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM Server performance depends upon CPU,Physical memory,Local disk size broadly. The issue you are facing is majorily because the MDM server you are using is some what lower in configuration than desired. Just go through Sizing Guide of MDM 5.5/7.1 to undertand system requiremnt for your scenerio, and upgrade your system thereafter.

Manish