Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Table in PDF - only first row passed to the WD Java

adom01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm working with Web Dynpro for Java on WAS 2004s SP13, ADS for SP13 and LiveCycle Designer 7.1

I am facing a problem related to PDF-dynamic table generation.

I am creating the PDF form with a dynamic table, an empty row will be added, when ADD button is clicked, the row will be deleted when DELETE button is clicked. After form submit, only first row of the table is passed to the Web Dynpro. I'v tried to use different dataSource Context node structure without results. The structure diescribed in the thread [; doesnt works for me. The same happend if i try to folow the advise from Wiki https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/Creating%20Table%20in%20Interacting%20form%20using%20We....

Beside this, my DropDown list in the table column is not populated. I know how to populate the DropDown list outside of table. That's working fine. But the DropDown in the table just not respond on the click (is not going open). I'm pretty sure that this is a result of a Context node structure/binding issue.

Please suggest me how can i implement dynamic table and populate the data in table dropdown column.

Edited by: A. Mustacevic on Sep 7, 2009 12:18 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A. Mustacevic,

Whenever you can create an additional row in Adobe the same has to be reflected in WD context somehow.

So that means whenever you create a row in Adobe, you will need to create the context dynamically in Web Dynpro as well.

Also check below links for some help.

[Topic: Dynamically generated forms|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/63f09fc2-0401-0010-1482-dbf9891e7613]

[How Tou2026deal with Table input and display in Interactive Forms|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00c4041d-188d-2910-6ea2-b4d5155f56e0&overridelayout=true]

Chintan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

adom01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

Sorry I couldn't respond to you earlier, was very busy.

I can get now the table values in WD except the DDL in the table. The render of the form is also not realy nice. I think, I have to try with your solution 2. (XML parse).

Thanks for your help.

Adnan

adom01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

Thanks for the response.

Your link was very useful. I can understand now what really happens. I'v tried with Option 1 from your link (Option 2 is to difficult for me at the moment). I'v applied the Option 1 as follow:

I use the Native Submitt button as "Add" button. If I click on this button, an empty element in the WebDynpro context is added (in SubmitForm method in WD) and a row in Dynamic Table too. But, the Adobe form renders at this moment with result that the added row dessapears as wel as all the data that I filled in the first row.

Do you know how to solve this 'render'problem? I can't find anything about this in your link.

Thanks,

Adnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adnan,

The submit button will take the control to WD, there we have to write WD code add an element(for ADD button) / remove the element (for REMOVE button).

For any field in Adobe form, if there is an WD context element bound, the value will appear even after render action.

Hi All,

The submit button can be either ActiveX or Native. 'Native' type can be used for 'Zero Client Installation' environment, and if we use 'ActiveX', then 'Active component Framework' has to be installed in client system.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar.

adom01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

You describe exactly my situation. The node which is bound to the table row has cardinality 1..n. Exactly Context structure is:

node dataSource (cardinality 1..1/ Singleton true) ======> dataSource of the Interactive Form

-

subnode TableList (cardinality 1..1/ Singleton true) ======> bound to the table in the Interactive Form

-

subnode TableWrapper (cardinality 1..n/ Singleton true) ======> bound to the table row in the Interactive Form

-

subnode TableData (cardinality 0..1/ Singleton false) ======> table data

-

attribute 1 ====> Context nodeattribute bound to the table row field

-

attribute 2

This structure is recommanded in the post that I found on the Forum (see the firs hyperlink in my firs post).

Is this structure correct? Why is not working?

Your link is not working. Can you post the correct one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Adnan

Edited by: A. Mustacevic on Sep 8, 2009 1:56 PM

Edited by: A. Mustacevic on Sep 8, 2009 1:57 PM

Edited by: A. Mustacevic on Sep 8, 2009 2:00 PM

Edited by: A. Mustacevic on Sep 8, 2009 2:01 PM

Edited by: A. Mustacevic on Sep 8, 2009 2:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the node structure is correct.

Please check the link now.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have given the cardinality as 1..n for the node which is bound to the row of the Adobe dynamic table, then there will be only one element in the WD context(regardless of the number of rows added in Adobe dynamic table). So the data only in the first row will be available in the first element of the WD Context, and other rows dont have elements in WD context.

You have to use a workaround for reading the data from the form table, and populate the context node in WD.

Please read the solutions given in this [link|;, for reading the data from a dynamic table.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chintan ,

Sorry I couldn't respond to you earlier, was very busy.

I thought that the correct Context structure with correct cardinality and singleton can receive the data from the form. I'v tried the two advises I found on the SDN (see hyperlinks in the firs post).

Could you please explain your suggestion about create the context dynamically in Web Dynpro in some more details? Please provide some leads on Context Structure of the pdf DataSource node (with the table subnode)? How I need to bind this data source to the table in the form. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Adnan