cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Limit Exceeded in File ->java->IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an interface which reads a text file in XI and uses a java mapping to produce IDOCs in an R3 system synchronously, the interface was running fine for more than 2 years . Since the text file is larger than 20 MB, we are splitting into small text files (2mb each) for easier processing. While processing, each file will hold the outbound queue (SMQ2) until it gets completed. after 2 years of using this interface, it started giving errors in the queue (Time Limit Exceeded) for files larger than 1mb.

Any hint ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I gave up on tuning , I had to make my input files smaller in size 500k each to avoid this problem and guess what, the over all process time has dropped from 3 hours to less than an hour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarup,

increasing the RFC adapter time out from the visual admin has solve the problem,

thank you for that.

but what I was looking for is a way to find out what could be the root cause, since it was running 2 years with (300000 ms time out) without a problem. Now I must increase this time out which mean my system is not performing well!

Agasthuri,

as I mentioned, it was running fine with 2mb, now even 1mb cannot be proccessed,

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It must be working fine becuase the server load was minimal. Recently the server load might be increased, have you checked for this.

Thanks

Swarup

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

If possible break the file still smaller size like before ( Less than or equal to 1 MB ) or chnage the time settings as swarup mentioned

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This kind of problem generally faced when load on server increased.

Try to set the time_out parameter in SXMB_ADM-->Intergation Engine configuration .....

Refer -- /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

Thanks

Swarup