cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title in SP01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

User is executing particular BackGround Job in SM36 for a month at a particular time.

When user is checking in SP01 Spool,Title is displaying as Automatic Generated (Ex:LIST1S <Report><User_Name>).

But User wants some other title so that it will be helpful for User to identify Later(Ex:PayBill,HR Data).

User is able to change the title manually for each job by clicking job's Title in SP01.

But user wants to change Spool title for that particular BackGround Job(Reports which are executed for a month)automatically and also title should be changed when generating the Spool itself.

Is there any method to change the title of job when generating the Spool itself or it can be done manually only?

Kindly help me to solve the Problem.

Regards,

Karthika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Suggestions?

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my opinion this is more a development requirement that needs to take place. The generated spool inherits it's naming from the program, ask your developers to look at the program.

--

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating the job in SM36, on the create step section.

There is a button "print specifications" at the bottom of the screen.

Click into here and it shows selected printer, and there is a 'properties' button. Click this, open the 'Spool Request' tree, and double click on Title to set the title to your required value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot,Paul!!

Now I am able to get the spool list with my own title.

I have one more query,

When I am printing the job,I want know the status of the Job & is there is any method to cancel the Job.

Is there is any method available to find the status of job and cancel the Job in SAP itself?

Thanks & Regards,

Karthika

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use TA: SM37 to monitor your job. There is also possibility to cancel this job in that transaction above (in menu, after performed selection).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for you reply!

But while printing the job,whether I am able to view the status(Example:10% printed or 3 of 10 pages get printed) and also whether I am able cancel the printing job in SAP.

Regards,

Karthika

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it is not possible to see such progress you want to, because one spool request is sent completely at once...maybe guys around here have other point of view...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there is any method to restrict the Spool only for particular set of users for printing.

Not in SP02,In SP01 itself?Also others should not able to view the Spool?

Regards,

Karthika

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there is any method to restrict the Spool only for particular set of users for printing.

Not in SP02,In SP01 itself?Also others should not able to view the Spool?

This is done using standard authorizations.

--

Nelis

Answers (0)