cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS DB migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planing to do OS/DB migration from ECC6.0 IBM AIX/Oracle 10.2 to Windows 2003/MS SQL2005 . source and target clients are different customers but both are sister companys and having the agriment to view the data.

Now my question is source system AIX/Oracle company 1 having different installation number, target system Windows/MS SQL Company2 having differnt installation number, so can i perform OS / DB migration in two differnt installation numbers?

Souce system AIX data almost 500GB, how to read this data in target Windows system during import? Can i copy this files into harddisk in source system , and then can i read it into Windows? Or is there any additional tools required to read Unix exported files into Windows system?

What are the addtional prerequisite and cautions I have to follow? Is any one perform this type of activity please share your experiace and mitigations .

- Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP will not charge any extra for sandbox migration.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyadhar K

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vidyadhar ,

During import in target system, system will ask migration key, then we have to fill the info and send it to SAP for to get the migration key right?

Is this key is chargeble for sandbox? Or is there a universal key for NW07 systems ?so that SAP ill not charge.

Appricate for your help.

- Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all of you. Finally I have one question

We are doing this migration only for Sandbox system, so for to getting migration key , SAP will charge any additional price?

We dont want SAP to charge additional proice for sandbox .

Please clarify.

- Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

During migration , iam trying to export source system data .In that step i can see target DB (ora,sql,db2, and etc..) but i can not see OS option. My target OS is indows , is there a option i can select target OS?

Also my source sytem Db 400GB , i can export these files using sapinst from AIX server.But how can i caopy these files during Import in Target Windows server?

- Thax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time of export it does not ask for target o/s only target db as the r3load files will be created accordingly to the target database.You take sql in your case.

Also my source sytem Db 400GB , i can export these files using sapinst from AIX server.But how can i caopy these files during Import in Target Windows server

yes ,when you will export the database in source system in sapinst it will ask for export directory where it will create the files for the import.You need to copy all the generated files from the location and put it on the target window system and provide the path at the time of import.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During Export through SAPInst , it will never ask for OS option but it only for the database.

create a seperate export folder in your aix system and then copy that folder to windows .

during the migration you can mention the path where you copied export dump.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyadhar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can do the migration. but migration key need to do generate for 2nd installation.

please go through the following which will be helpful to you

http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyadhar K

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now my question is source system AIX/Oracle company 1 having different installation number, target system Windows/MS SQL Company2 having differnt installation number, so can i perform OS / DB migration in two differnt installation numbers?

not really sure about this, most likely you'll have to re-license the system on the system company.... anyhow I think the best is to contact your SAP Account Manager... he'll be able to give you more info about licensing.

Souce system AIX data almost 500GB, how to read this data in target Windows system during import? Can i copy this files into harddisk in source system , and then can i read it into Windows? Or is there any additional tools required to read Unix exported files into Windows system?

Nope you can't just copy them... you'll need to create a system export via SAPinst.All that info is available at the heterogeneous system copy guide available at SAP Marketplace.

Regards

Juan