cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raise an alert after a specified time, if file not found in source folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For a requirement, I need to poll a folder at a specified time say 10.00-10:15 AM and check for a file.

If the file is not placed in the source folder within this duration. I need to raise a alert.

How do we handle requirement. Pointers/suggestions to achieve the same would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Younus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek & Swarup,

Thanks for your response. The timeout option will work if the Transport Protocol is FTP. But take a case where it is NFS.

Then how will be monitor the source location for a certain period and then raise an alert.

Please drop in your comments.

regards,

Younus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With NFS parameters, you can have External control over the Communciation Channle (i.e. from RWB) to trigger at specific time.

But timeout parameter will not be available in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Timeout parameter works on polling interval, so to check the file availability you need to use Timout parameter & the external control for sender FTP communication channel, which will be activated for the give time and check the polling interval for specified time only.

Thanks

Swarup

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Timeout parameter should do this for you.

If no file is found during the timeout interval the Communication Channel will throw it as an error and by configuring an alert for Adapter Engine you can catch it.

Hope this is what you are looking for!

Regards,

Abhishek.