Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Path Problem

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing an Insurance Project which involve 3 level WBS elements and more than 50 activities.

I finished the entire project, scheduled it and got the cost and duration of the project.

I have few "SS" and "FF" relationships in my network diagram.

The problem is i cant see my "critical path" when i go into the network diagram. I dont know what is the problem. Can anyone help me out with this how can i get the critical path for my project and it is showing only few of the activities as critical, i cant see the full path.

Hope to hear from you all soon.....

Thanks and Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot BABU. I got my query solved. Yes you are right that it is not necessary to have a critical path from start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please run report S_ALR_87015072 u2013 Relationships and select filter criteria where the difference between the scheduled start and end dates is ZERO.

The report will display only the critical activities.

Regards

Srikrishna

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishna,

My problem is that i am unable to see the entire critical path for my project. I can see few of the activities as critical. My project starts on 01/09/2009. I had gone through the transaction you mentioned but where we need to put the filter criteria can you please explain me in detail.

Hope to hear from you soon...

Thanks & Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can also run transaction CN49N and set filter criteria for displaying network activities so that difference between schedules start and end dates is ZERO. Please explore the report and you will get it.

Regards

Srikrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You said you can see Critical Activities in your project. As i could understand I don't see any issue in your case because of the following facts:

(1) There can be More than One Critical Path in a Network

(2) It is not Mandatory that you should have a Critical Path showing Activities in RED right from start of Network to End of Network

(3) Depending on your Relationships and Duration your system has calculated Critial Activities (ACTIVITIES WITH ZERO FLOAT) at random

Hope it is helps

Regards

Babu

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please reply to the query guys if you know what the problem is as it is very important for me to know the critical path of the project.

Is it because of the "start-to-start" and "finish-to-finish" relationships that i have defined the critical path is not coming.

Please do reply fast. Hope to get the answer from you all soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Mayuresh Ayachit.