cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is material procured to plant/non-special stock through Projects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please answer below queries in PS:

1. X is a material BOM and consists of Y and Z. Consider that X is attached in a project. Also consider the case that directly Y or Z is also attached in same/some other project.

Can I procure X, Y or Z to plant stock? My observance is that upon RELEASE or after running Project MRP, Purchase requisition(PR) is created for a material and this PR carries the WBS reference (say WBS-1.2.1) and upon goods receipt, material goes to special stock for WBS-1.2.1.

But do we have alternatives? I mean, can we not procure the materials to plant stock? (I did not find an option of removing WBS reference at GR level).

2. Basically an extenstion of above question, but I would like to put the scenario over here:

-

Customer wants the PRs to come from various projects. PRs should be clubbed into a single PO (preferably a PO of single line item. Possible?). Then upon receipt of goods, we should have the flexiblity of receiving the goods into any storage area and the stock should be like "gerenally available and not specific for a project/WBS". i.e we should be able to do a GR without any specific WBS reference.

One ESSENTIAL requirement is that any procurement should have Budgetary control. Its not an issue if any work arounds are made on acheiving budgetary control.

-

I think this is a pretty standard requirement. I am trying to explore the 'plant stock procurement thru project', and the 'Requirements grouping' options. But at the same time its important for me to seek some advice from experts, hence this thread.

You may suggest any kind of solution but please be kind enough to provide a detailed solution to this question, covering end-to-end steps and considering the 'Budget Control' feature in mind.

I am desperately looking for a solution.

Thanks in anticipation!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are going in for MD02 for plant stock materials, budget check is not relevant. Budget check is possible only for account assigned POs and production orders.

Muraleedharan.R

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ahmed.

So I will go with your words that material can't be procured to plant stock from the project. i.e. thru MD51.

It looks fine to me that the Reservations which have happened for all the materials with collective indicator of matrl master as 2, should go to MD02 and not MD51. And these are 'Reservation for Network'.

This will be workable to me if MD02 can provide a budget check to such collective procurement materials. Will the PRs generated thru MD02 have a budget check? If yes then my problem will be solved. I am hoping that budget check should be done for such reservations as they are in ref to Network, and network is assigned to WBS. But we can't be sure if system will go to two levels of ref to check budget. I will test this later today hopefully, but I will be thankful if you can add this one step in your IDES and let me know if budget check happens for the PR/PO of MD02......

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have done detailed analysis A/c to your req. Md02 is more suitable, just check the budget cycle up to GR, I think budget should work. If you face problem sahre with forum.

With Regards

Nitin p.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Budget checks for a collective material will happen when the material is issued against the network reservation or directly brought into WBS stock.

Regards

Srikrishna