cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE 5.2 Password Self Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently configured the Password Self Service in AE 5.2.

Its working perfectly fine but not sending mail to user's id.

We have configured the following settings in AE 5.2

1) Configured the connectors for SAP HR System

2) Password Self Service - to authenticate against SSN* no.

Communication type 0105 and PERNR as a field.

3) Authentication - SAP HR System details.

For Password Email notification :

1) SMTP Server details

2) Background jobs

For email dispatcher with every 60 seconds as a time period.

3) Miscellenous setting for background job interval

It is successfully resetting the password for user id in backend system, but unable to send the eamil notification to users.

Now my questions are

1) How can we check the logs that why is it not sending the password email notifications.. ?

2) Do we need to configure scot - email setting in the backend system.. ?

3) In UME we have Java store/UME user store as a database..?users only exist in the backend system and are not there in UME..?

does it create any effect for this..?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohammad,

Have you configured user's email address in SAP HR? Can you also tie the SAP HR record to SU01 record and maintain email address in SU01?

AE/CUP needs to get the email address from some place and it will look at either SAP HR record or SU01 record.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpaesh for your answer below,

The email address has been maintained in HR system & after resetting the password its showing the message that" A notification mail has been sent to <email-address>" but we are unable to receive the SMS..?

How can we check the logs for it..? that why is it not sending the mails?

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sami,

Do you receive the email during workflow approval process? This is just to figure out if you are receiving any kind of email from AE/CUP. Check the email dispatcher background job and make sure it is active and running.

You can see the logs from configuration screen.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Oh I missed to specify this point,

We haven't configure any workflow in AE & just would like to use Password self service.

For this do we need to have workflow configure....?

We are only concern about PSS & the configuration need to be done to achieve this.

Yes I have scheduled the email dispatcher background job & which runs every 60 seconds.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sami,

You don't have to configure the workflow but to isloate this issue, I just want to see if AE is able to send out any email or not. If you don't want to configure any workflow then look at the logs or open a message with SAP.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (0)