cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise needed on FICO certification..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus of FICO

I need advise from you people on fico certification.

I have two years of experience of sap and have cleared CFA lvl1 this year.

I plan to do FICO certification.

I want to do the "associate certification of ERP financial 2005", as seen on sap education.

My questions are:-

1) Is it relevant certification for fico ("associate certification of ERP financial 2005)

2) What all are the material should I read to prepare for this exam, I have seen TFIN 50 and 51.

Is it enough?

Should the study done only from these two or should I also read cost accounting, managerial accounting...

3) Any place where I can get these two materials. I could not find it on SAP education.

4) An advice on the time and level of preparation required.

Please advice,

Thanks in advance.

Rishab Bucha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishab

Congrats on your CFA level1

If your experience in SAP has been with an SAP Customer / Partner, and that too for 2 or more years, then you need to ask for permission from them to take your certification directly.

This will help you to avoid the training at the SAP Partners for almost one month and will save your cost too.

But if your experience is not adequate or appropriate as per SAP Certification guidelines, then you will have to compulsorily go through the training course at any SAP partners like Siemens or Genovate or BPCL (in India) and then take the certification.

I suggest you call any of these and sort your query about the course.

Now for your main questions -

1) Is it relevant certification for fico ("associate certification of ERP financial 2005)

Firstly it is not FI-CO anymore. It is either only FI or only CO. And yes, this is relevant. You will have to do this certification for making career into SAP FI

2) What all are the material should I read to prepare for this exam, I have seen TFIN 50 and 51. Is it enough?

Should the study done only from these two or should I also read cost accounting, managerial accounting...

There is nothing like TFIN51. It is TFIN50 and TFIN52. These materials are more than sufficient and you need not do anything else for your certification. Please go through these atleast 3-4 times before your examination.

3) Any place where I can get these two materials. I could not find it on SAP education.

You will not find this material onlne at SAP education. It is against the guidelines to provide copyrighted material links here. You will get the material at the SAP Partners when you register for the course there

4) An advice on the time and level of preparation required.

As I mentioned, the course duration is 1 month. And apart from that you should read the TFIN50 and TFIN52 books atleast 3-4 times before certification. The exam is all about how strong your SAP basics are.

Please refer to other threads too for more information about this.

All the best Rishab!!

Please close thread once query is solved.

Regards

Z