cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Sapscript as PDF to external mail in compressed format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured a new output type as transmission medium 'External Send'. I am able to send it as a PDF to the external mail(it is picking up the email address from the general data tab of the customer). But since the files are big, we want to send it as a compressed file.

I couldn't see anywhere i can customize for compressing the file. Since it is 'External send', it is done through standard SAP process. I am not seeing any code for that in our custom print program. The only code in the customer print program was to populate the address key so that it will pick up the email address. After that i see that it goes throught the standard process for sending email.

Is there any way i could control the process and send the PDF as compressed file? Thanks in advance for all your help and time.

Thanks & Regards

Poornima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do onething send the otf data to application server through application server using cg3y transaction they can upload

the same as pdf attachment.

Thanks,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have convert sapscript output to OTF and then OTF to PDF, but dont know how to send that PDF to external mail address.

can any one help me in this..

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just search the answer in the forum

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure that you'll gain much space with PDFs. Could you compress it manually to be sure that the gain is interesting ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I raised this as my concern to the business at the design session. But they showed me a large file (around 6.0 MB) and zipped it through windows explorer to 430 KB. I told them that i am not sure whether the zipping will work. Since we are sending to external emails, each one will have a different mailbox capacity. But if there is any way to send the PDF in the zipped format, i can show them my concern at real time.

Please let me know further details..

Thanks for your time

Poornima

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Poornima, I looked at the standard possibilities, and only found Note 837300 - Size restriction when sending documents, which is not exactly what you want but that may be interesting. It means that SAPConnect controls the size of emails sent. The users have to manually zip the attachments if they are to big. Otherwise, I think you have to develop a custom solution.