cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_ADAPTER: ATTRIBUTE_IDOC_RUNTIME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have had an problem dropped on me. The consultant left prior to the BPM going live and I have not worked with BPM before.

The error I an receiving is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_IDOC_RUNTIME</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>Transaction IDX1: Port SAPPF1, client , RFC destination contain errors</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>*Error: Transaction IDX1: Port SAPPF1, client , RFC destination contain errors*</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I have compared the setup in "test" with this in "PRD" and everything looks the same... what could be missing?

Thanks,

Rich

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Tcode - SM59 check the RFC destination between PI & ECC

• Check whether Port - SAPPF1 exists and maintained

Cheers

Agasthuri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you for all of the help. I finally went to SAP Support. Turns out that there are some "not well documented" facts (this quoting SAP) about having an SAP system with multiple clients that will send or receive IDOCs to/from PI. This is especially true if (as in my case) the 2 production clients are 020 and 050... but I want to use client 050. It seems that PI when accessing the list of ports internally in IDX2 looks at only the first entry on the list. (a sorted list)... so client 020 shows up first.... hence the error.

SAP has recommended that I go back and have only 1 port to a system with multiple clients and that port should point to client 000. I have asked for some clarification, but I am hoping to get this resolved next week. I will post again at that time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As somebody mentioned above.

Do test connection and test authorisation for the RFC destination in SM59.

I do not think they are setup correctly. See to it so it is configured towards the corret system (PRD in this case if I'm not misstaking).

If they work then you have missconfigured the adapter.

BR

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have looked at SM59 and IDX1. They all appear to be correct. They certainly match the analogs in the "Test" environment; meaning the port in "P" is SAPPF1 and in the "Test" it is SAPSF1.

This is a BPM... I am not familiar with these, so is there somrthing special about the setup for them?

Thanks,

Rich

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

The error messages states

><SAP:P1>Transaction IDX1: Port SAPPF1, client , RFC destination contain errors</SAP:P1>

Did you Tested RFC destination between PI & SAP ECC,

• Test the interface - message mapping test tab with valid data

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rich,

>

This is a BPM... I am not familiar with these, so is there somrthing special about the setup for them?

This is not a BPM error. Check the configuration settings for RFC destination in SM59. Do a test connection there.

Regards.

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to Idoc receiver adapter and check the SAP Port name mentioned there it should not be like SAPPORT_CIIENT instead of that need to provide the SAPPORT name only..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto TCODE IDX1 in PI and check the Port and the RFC destination Used.

Thanks,

Madhu

Edited by: Madhusudhan Honnappa on Sep 4, 2009 7:47 PM