cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access introscope enetrprise manager in solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed Introscope enterprise manager on Solution manager system in windows successfully

Now when I am executing introscope enetrprise manager,just a command prompt opens and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Also How can I access introscope enetrprise manager?are there any different ways to do it?

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

The problem which you have mentioned here is one of the most common problems faced during/after Wily Introscope EM setup.

Reason for this problem :

Enterprise Manager port you are using is already in use by some other service.

"Port already in use". If you will read the EM Logs ( in installation directory).. you can actually find this information.

By default, Introscope Enterprise Manager (EM), is using port 8080 or 8081. These are the same configuration which you perform in introscope enterprise manager profile file. (.properties file).

To resolve this, please refer to below thread:

I hope this information will be helpful. More details can be found in Wily troublehsooting documents.

Best Regards,

~~ Pradeep Bishnoi ~~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

Pradeep is correct!.sometimes may be due to port issue.Check the logs.

Here are some facts:

EM uses port 6001.

Webview uses port 8081.

You can get more details about port and other details on the installer.properties file.

Thanks,

Jagan

Edited by: jagadheeshan govindasamy on Sep 4, 2009 6:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagad,

Thanks for the replies.It was not a port issue,I checked the logs

I tried to access it through http://<hostname>:8081/webview and was able to do it

Now the main errors that I am getting are while running the managed system wizard and then intorscope wizard

I am posting those in a different message

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If your Enterprise Manager is setup and running. You can access it via wily webview or Workstation.

These are the standard GUIs avaialble for accessing data in EM.

1) Webview is a webbased tool, and you can access it through browser - http://<hostname>:8081/webview

2) Workstation- you have to install this in your PC and connect it to EM, Its more powerful tool than webview and you need to hava pre-requisite java version installed.

but, by which mehtod you are trying to open EM??.. EM contains only logs.

When you say setup is complete, is the EM's services running?..

Also, while performing the Basic Configuration- You have to map the EM data to solution manager and perform the Diagnostics setup step. Then you can launch the webview from workcenter -Root cause Analysis.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jagan

Edited by: jagadheeshan govindasamy on Sep 4, 2009 5:18 PM