cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show SAP Icon in email (build from SMARTFORMS)

barbara_bendjama
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

I have to send mail outside wich shows icon in their content.

I send then in HTML format as I also have URL link inside. The original source is a SMARTFORM.

My idea was to put the reqired html code to display an image, but this is not working.

I use the image from the MIME repository, which I guess cannot be located when the mail is interpreted.

e.g.

<htmlb:image-src="SAP\PUBLIC\BC\Icons\s_b_text.gif"./>

Help is welcome.

Kind regards,

Barbara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

barbara_bendjama
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already try to put SAP icon from SMARTFORM editor. But it is not successfull.. I only see a code as character field 776.

I agree pdf attachment may have been easier, but it isnot the requirement. They want to see info directly from the mail content.

So I still need to find a way to show icon in html format send by mail.

Regards,

Barbara

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would export the GIF files that you need from the MIME repository and store them in an externally accessible location on a web server, then reference the image source in the normal manner. When you reference images in an HTML e-mail, the location should be available via http without authentication. Check with your network administrator for any specific procedures. Of course, you will probably need to re-size the images to suit your e-mail layout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it will be easier to convert Smartform output to PDF and send it as PDF attachment.

Regards,

Mohaiyuddin

barbara_bendjama
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to use SMARTFORMS to allow customers to define their own content if they want to. But the SMARTFORMS itself will not be used for display or printing.

The result of SMRTFORM will be sent in a mail.

As I have url to show in the mail, I need to use HTML format. Doing this, I can show a shorttext in the mail and hide the full URL behind it. I build the html command in my report and pass it to smartform as a variable.

I would like to do the same for showing an icon.

Regards,

barbara

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,

Try this

In the Smartforms Create the text Double Click on EDITOR Icon Go in Insert Menu and add the icon want u want .

vanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barbara Bendjama ,

You want to do this in Smartforms ?????