cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign 3 item category group to the same material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing a problem. I have a FG material 36.703.600 which has to treated has a norm material, Third party material , and to be used as partial billing for customer down payment request.. how can i treat this material in the sales order.

i.e Should i have to change the material" item category group" in the material master.

I want these thing to be done in the sales order, and i dont want to change each and every time in the material master record for a particular business process.As the client is not very keen on it. how can i go about it. i am sort of confuse. i have created a item category group ZZZZ and i have copied the standard item category group of BANS and Norm to it .. but what should i do for this particular material if the customer down payment process comes for the same material..

Is there any other way for it like without changing the material master record. or should i have to tell the client that for this process u should first change the item category group in the material master record. before doing the third party process and customer down payment.

Kindly give me your input on that i am little confused and struck.

Anticipation of your reply in this regard

k.kumi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of changing the item category group for the material master.

Made the three sales order type one for each case.

Now you can treat your material different way.

You can assign different type of pricing procedure to the sales order to achieve your requirement.

Try out let us know the result.

You cant maintain 3 item category for single material.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanks for your reply

i am following same pricing procedure for all the three.

and more over i have created for customer down payment, one order type and one order type for thirdparty without ASN.

so when i used this material 36.703.600 through the respective sales order can i able to change the required item category for thirdparty and customer down payment .

regards.

k.kumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Item category is determined in the sales order by four factors.

Sales order + item category grp + usage + item category at higher level.

So if you are using three different sales order then you can determine three item category for three different sales order.

And you can make these item categories to work as per your requirement.

Now as you said you are using same pricing procedure for all three.

You can do this if you donu2019t have any problem it a fine process.

But some of the condition type which you want in one sales order only not in the other then for that purpose you have to assign different pricing procedure.

Do these type of setting then I think so it will work properly.

If you have any doubt then feel free to ask us.

Regards

Raj.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your valuable input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using same sales order type then you can differentiate the material according to Item category usage.

Thus you can maintain same item category group in material master and in sales order at item level you can change the item category of material to act it differently. e.g. TAN can be changed to TANN.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think problem can be solved by creating three different item categories (for each requirement like third party etc) and assign them to your sales document type & material group in VOV4. And based on your requiremnet you can change the item category in the order manually/by using user exit to do it systematically.

Please revert me back if you need more information........

Regards,

Satya.

Edited by: satya kumar yeggina on Sep 4, 2009 4:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi !!

thanks for your reply..

i have created the item category for these.. but the problem is how can i treat this material for eg: third party, customer down payment request, and for normal sales. without changing the item category in the material master record and the same can be determined in the sales order item category coloumn in the sales overview screen.

regards

k.kumi