cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail confirmation from ESS Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have new requirement from my client, when an employee login into Portal and if he did any changes in ESS like change in his Address or Bank Information or W4 iViews etc....employee or recepients need to get an E-Mail confirmation.

I request you to if any body did this one please help me on this how to resolve this one.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhiram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved By Myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this requirement, you need to modify from ABAP side, to trigger a workflow which can sent a request to the concern person inbox, so the confirmation is done then the changes will be save to ECC or else no action.

we have done for personnal information application in the ESS.

Cheers,

Appi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its also possible to start the workflow from the java side. In this code I have made an example on how to create a workflow event from java:

First, I made the component controller the service controller for the Sap_Wapi_Create_Event function.

I then prepare the input parameters and call the method.

Swr_Cont swr = new Swr_Cont();
	swr.setValue("FOOBAR");
	swr.setElement("EmployeeUser");

wdContext.currentSap_Wapi_Create_Event_InputElement().modelObject().addInput_Container(swr);

wdContext.currentSap_Wapi_Create_Event_InputElement().setEvent("CREATED");
	wdContext.currentSap_Wapi_Create_Event_InputElement().setObject_Type("FAMILY");
	wdContext.currentSap_Wapi_Create_Event_InputElement().setObject_Key("xxxxx");

wdContext.currentSap_Wapi_Create_Event_InputElement().setUser("USERNAME");

wdThis.executeSap_Wapi_Create_Event_Input();

if you are looking for a more simple solution, like only sending emails. You could also add a message sending functionality to the function call in the addr application. See Java Mail API for reference.