cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot apply OSS notes on Sol Man

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

We have just installed our IDES Sol Man ( SP2) and IDES BW 7.0 (SP 9). We want to apply a few notes on Sol Man , but we cannot get through the SNOTE t code .

When I try to download an OSS note through SNOTE, it gives me an error like

"Error in remote connection to destination SAPOSS: Error when opening an RFC connection"

i tried to go to SM59 and check 'test connection' for SAPOSS but it gives up an error there as well (ERROR: partner XXX.X.X.XXX :sapdp00 not reached)

Any ideas ?

Girish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So any saprouter is configured ? You have to provide the address of saprouter into SM59, otherwise go to Service marketplcae and download the notes through your download manager and then upload the notes in SNOTE and implement the note

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, but that did not help much... when i did that and tried to implement the note it popped up a few 100's of notes that it asked me to apply and then again I got the SAPOSS error which means I am back to square one.

Is there a way that anyone can help me to apply a support pack without the maintanence optimizer ? We are on SP 2 for Solman ( just finised the IDES installation).

Girish

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Girish,

Please look at OSS Note 797001.

Maintain SAPRouter and connectivity with SAP.

Without maintenance optimizer, you cannot download patches. If you have downloaded earlier for any other system, you can use it. Else no way without maintenance optimizer.

Thanks,

Digesh Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I try tio implement the note 797001 , it says "SAP Note does not contain valid correction instructions".

I did a download of this note through the download manager, then uploaded it in my sol man using SNOTE - upload note and then was trying to implement it using SNOTE - Implement note.

Any ideas on whats going on here ?

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

here's the detail message that i get .......

SAP Note does not contain valid correction instructions

Message no. SCWN002

Diagnosis

You tried to implement corrections that are contained in an SAP Note.

The corrections in this SAP Note are, however, not valid for the release and Support Package level of your system. This means that the error that is described in the SAP Note either did not occur in your system, or it has already been corrected by a Support Package.

In certain cases the error cannot be corrected by an SAP Note correction.

System Response

The system cannot implement the SAP Note.

Procedure

Follow the recommendations in the SAP Note text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

You need not implement note 797001. The corrections in this note are already applied in your system.

Also you cannot download the patches released after April 2, 2007 without maintenance optimizer.

So i suggest you configure the SAP Router, configure maintenance optimizer in SOLMAN and also configure the download manager.

This makes life easy going further.

Best Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok,

So can any one pass me the exact and correct links to :

- Configure the SAP Router

- Fix Maint Optimizer . because when I click Create New Maint transaction in DSWP it errors out saying that 'Logical System not defined'.. FYI , I have created a Solution XX1 where XX1 is my BW System Id.

I have looked out for the second problem on the forums but have not found the correct solution yet.

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

#797001:

Create a new RFC-destination with name "SAPSNOTE" by copying destination SAPOSS (Transaction SM59, expand node "R/3 connections" and double click destination SAPOSS, select menu item "Destination -> Copy", enter "SAPSNOTE" as the name of the copied destination). Change the following parameters in the new RFC-destination and save the destination:

a) Technical Settings:

Mark "yes" in option "Load distrib"

Target system = "OSS"

Do not change field "Msg.server"

Group = "1_PUBLIC"

b) Logon/Security

Client = "001"

User = "OSS_SNOTE"

Password = "CPIC"

regarding the MOPZ:

make sure you have your system well defined in:

SMSY / Landscape components / System / SID / select main instances like BI or ABAP / create RFCs to your clients like 100

SMSY / Logical components / Logical Components / SAP Netweaver / Busienss Intellegence / SAP Netweaver BW 7.0 Server / add your BW System SID here (like XX1=DEV etc)

Nesimi

Answers (0)