cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Event Fire on every entry in Input Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Here i have a scenerio, I am using barcode reader application. After reading the barcode from barcode machine, , numeric value eg '1234567890' is automatically displaying in my input field. After that I have to call my RFC according to every entry in that field.

Mean to say as the value comes to the input field , automatically my next view should be called where i am displaying the detail of particular employee having I card of that barcode.

So is there any possibility in Webdynpro Java to fire an event automatically on every entry?

Kindly help me out.

Thanks & Regards

Nivedita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer the below forums:

Thanks

Susmita

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi nivedita,

Are you using barcode reader for scanning barcodes?

[Barcode reader UI Element help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW70EHP1/helpdata/en/b7/3efd406b8af16fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

It fires onread event after scan of each barcode and it is invisible.

You can assign one event handler method for this event and write your code inside that.

Hope this helps!

Monalisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Monalisa,

Thanks for your quick response (SDN was down so i could not reply back). But as i explained earlier, my application is not for mobile barcode reader. Its for normal Id card Barcodes. Mobile Barcode Reader requires 2 types of barcode reader equipments and link given by you is explaining that proccess only.

Here I am able to read the data from barcode Reader. But after reading data i need to generate any automatic event. I dont want to use any submit button or Enter key action. I want that as the value comes to my input field ,automatically it should go to database. webynpro does not support Javascript as per my knowledge.

Kindly suggest something.

Thanks & Regards

Nivedita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have an InputField, the only "mapped" event on that would be onEnter. The user needs to press "ENTER" in the Field in order to activate a Roundtrip.

If you don't want such behaviour, you can use a TimedTrigger in your View. You can set it to something reasonable, and perform the "Read" action from time to time. You can compare the value of the field with null or a blank string in order to see if it readed a scan or not.

Note, be careful, it will generate one roundtrip, so the behaviour is not "exactly" what you want.

Hope it helps.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, hav given you points as well. Problem is resolved also.

Thanks & Regards

Nivedita

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should mark the question "answered" then, so people can see that a) you dont need help anymore b) people with similar problems can identify this thread as potentially helpful ...

jan