Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation - Pasting of values into AUTH fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on 4.6c version - Authorisation under PFCG (Role maintenance). Is it possible to paste >8 values into the AUTH fields of an authorisation object in a single shot?

If so, kindly share the solution.

Regards,

Vijay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid not. At least I haven't seen it yet.

Maybe this thread can be moved from Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to Netweaver Security as there's more PFCG experience in that forum.

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid not. At least I haven't seen it yet.

Maybe this thread can be moved from Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to Netweaver Security as there's more PFCG experience in that forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

the only option you could try (but I must admit I've never done it myself so it's just a thought - not sure if it works) is to download the role and then edit the downloaded file in a text editor. When finished upload the role again.

Looking at the information in the file you have to repeat a lot of information but if you do that in Excel first an then copy to the text format it might work.

Regards

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Friends,

>

> I am working on 4.6c version - Authorisation under PFCG (Role maintenance). Is it possible to paste >8 values into the AUTH fields of an authorisation object in a single shot?

>

> If so, kindly share the solution.

>

>

> Regards,

> Vijay

Hey Vijay,

you sound like a man on the mission - want everytihng done in a SINGLE SHOT

I am not sure if i understand your requirement correctly, but my infernce is that you want to copy data from clipboard to the object values with little / no effort........(prime criteria )

Well, have the values listed one below the other in a notepad, copy them ctrl+C and in SAP have the quick cut and paste option active.

Now go to the object values and right click - you will have 7 rows of data copied, if you want more - repeat the exercise

If you want to reach the moon, you have to pass-by some stars as well (Dumb and in-appropriate quote - I KNOW)

If my understanding of the discussion is wrong - Blame it on the Monday morning Blues...............and have fun

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. It's not possible irrespective of the release version you have. Paste of many entries can only be done where ever SAP Provided the "Paste from Clipboard" options.

Regards,

Dipanjan