cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

record management and Adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to utilize SAP record management and interactive pdf forms. I've a requirement where users can enter information in a form to change certain master data. The form is routed for review (using SAP CASE MANGEMENT) and if it is approved the master data is changed. All correspondence and approvals are attached as configured in record management.

Is this possible or are there bettter ways of doing this?

Thanks

Mohammed

Message was edited by: Mohammed Amerali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use ISR Development for this requirement.

Why dont you refer the following sites for more info of ISR's.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/53/3120386827c23ce10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ISR is nice and simple but to get Adobe interactive forms to work in our current version of SAP ERP 2004 (6.40) has not been very fruitful.

Has anyone out there used adobe interactive forms with record management? Integration documentation will be helpful.

regards,

Mohammed

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

at this point in time, from the SAP side there is no 'standard' integration between Records Management and Interactive Forms, i.e. while placing attachments into a record is a standard RM function, doing so with an interactive PDF is all custom development. (Note that by default there is no persistence mechanism for an interactive PDF. The application using the technology needs to provide this.)

The same applies to using ISR (whether with or without Records Mgmt) as the current ISR setup does not save the PDF itself, but only the data entered by the user. This means that the logic for saving the PDF somewhere in the database would have to be written.

What were your specific problems with setting up Interactive Forms in ERP 2004?

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management