cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 Web Enabled?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to know whether SAP B1 is Web Enabled. If no then how to web enable it ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Gianluigi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you are talking about having a SOAP interface to the B1 business objects then the answer is yes. You may use DI Server or B1WS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the words 'Web Enabled' makes it hard to figure out what you need.

Some clients just mention the phrase 'Web Enabled' even when all they want is a remote connection to the Database.

Remote connection with SAP B1 can be achieved via Terminal Service or CITRIX.

Web based data entry would require you to build a front end in web language, and link it back to the SAP B1 database. I'd suggest you take a look at Ibolt since this is what the software is designed for. When you do this, you need to remember that you loose all the feature functions of the SAP Client like drag and drop, adding form settings etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

u can also use goglobal instead of citrix.

cost wise this is cheaper and it does not require terninal servier licences.

pl do compare the two technologies as there are preety different on merits and then only go for any one.

also there is news that SAP is comming up with web tools like Ecom and Web CRM that are suppose to be web basd tolls thus inhancing the funcationality that till date lacked in SBO

Edited by: Pankaj Gandhi on Apr 9, 2008 4:45 PM

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't understand the question???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can SAP B1 be accessed from a remote machine via internet ?

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know only Terminal Server and VPN (Without add-ons) are possible, but it's been a while since i explored it...

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

DI Server uses Soap technology. So is one not able to use that Rasmus to make web apllication???

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. The DI-Server is an option to communicate with SAP Business One... I was under the impression that the question was regarding the SBO Client...