Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange name in universe for calculated key figures

lieven_vanherpe2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a global calculated key figure which is based on a global restricted key figure.

When I import this CKF in a universe, the name of the calculated key figure becomes FORMULA + UID instead of the name given to the calculated key figure.

WHen I import a global restricted key figure, the name in the universe is correct.

Creating a calculated measure in the universe based on a restricted key figure is not an option.

How do I get this object name automatically correct in the universe? I don't want to change the name in the universe.

I work with BO Edge 3.1

Lieven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lieven_vanherpe2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ingo,

The restricted key figure is key figure 0CS_TRN_GC restricted on version = 100 and a variable on fiscal year and a variable on posting period. Both variables are mandatory single versions.

Due to the problems I have with the calculated measures (see thread Calculated measures in OLAP universe doesn't work), I had to create a calculated key figure on this RKF where I divide the RKF by -1000 (there is a reverse sign on the query and a scaling factor 1000). Otherwise my figures in the universe aren't correct.

Lieven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To obtain a more readable name you need to uncheclk "use standard text" in BEx query designer and overwrite the formula description.

This is not a universe issue but more related to BEx query designer.

Didier

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lieven_vanherpe2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Didier,

That solved my issue.

Thanks

Lieven

lieven_vanherpe2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ingo,

yes it was. I've noticed that, when I executed the query with these CKF's in transaction RSRT, the headings are also formatted as Formula + UID.

Can it be a property in SAP BW or BEx tools that give the problem?

Lieven

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you provide some more details on what type of keyfigure / selection / formula it is ?

thanks

Ingo

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

was the name assigned to the keyfigure before you created the Universe ?

Ingo