cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who knows Cartography WM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All !

We would like to set up the cartography system in our Warehouse Management.

I know that SAP has a cartography module integrated and based on a "geoconcept" strategy.

But I don't know if we must to configure an interface or add a new component. Is there only customizing ?

Thanks for your feed-back,

Sandrine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also check the SAP material "SCM635 - Task and Resource Management" for more information on resource management.

Regards,

K.Annadurai.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What SAP version are you on? You can use TRM to optimize your WH - this is std functionality in ECC - up to a certian point, but with SCM EWM you get more advanced functionality.

Regards,

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have the V5R3 version of SAP... I don't find any functionnality in the SAP customizing implementation Guide.

Best regards,

Sandrine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By "cartography", do you mean 3D models of the warehouse? I don't think SAP has such a module.

Can you please share the information you have on this?

Regards,

Osman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osman,

We would like to optimize the physical goods movements.

Today, we have some people in reception, shipping, picking etc. The idea is to say that if a Fork-lift truck driver moves a pallet in a storage bin in the stock then the system checks if an transfer order is opened,for example a reorder transfer order.

Therefore the Fork-lift truck drivers will process differents transfers orders in the Warehouse.

I don't know if this concerns the 3D models but we found some informations on this functionality ...

Thanks,

Sandrine

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Based on the information . what i understood is

you are having few MHE (Material handling equipment) and you want to utilize the resource effectively to get maximum Output.

Also if any open transfer order exist for the storage bin then system should not allow the MHE to travel to those bin location (This is the standard functionality of SAP if any open transfer order exist then system won't allow the second transfer order for the same bin(depend on the config).

Please confirm whether my understanding is right or please explain your requirement in detail so that we can help you.

Regards

Manish kumar

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

My understanding of your scenario is follows.

When forklift driver moves material to bin for placement & he comes to know there is picking transfer order created in the system. To avoid the forklift to move empty ,driver shall pick up material from returning to ship the same.

For this you can use RF queue in which TO's are assigned to user queue. You have to configure mobile data entry functionality to use interleaving transaction. In interleaving system automatically prompt user to pick material (TO) after the putaway activity (TO) completion.

Let me know your whether this is you looking for.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Thanks all for your feedback !

Prashant,

that's right ! : The objective is to avoid the forklift driver to move empty, we would like to optimize their moves.

Today we use the RF queues (LRF1) and we assign (manually) the users to the queue according their job. But we would like that the system assign automatically a TO to a forklift driver according her location in the Warehouse, then the queue will change automatically. (When a TO is created, it is assigned automatically to a queue according the return storage type).

Sorry but I didn't understand the next step, what did you mean by " You have to configure mobile data entry functionality to use interleaving transaction" ?

Best regards,

Sandrine

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1.As per my understanding TO's can be trasferred from one queue to other queue by LRF1. I do not know whether it is possible to assign automatically depending on the user location. I believe supervisor contols that.

2.Sorry but I didn't understand the next step, what did you mean by " You have to configure mobile data entry functionality to use interleaving transaction" ?

I mean to say that you have to do Rf config. i.e menu mgt. RF queues etc. From your answers I assume that you have done Rf configuration . You just have to add interleaving transaction in your menu mgt.

Please let me know if any query,

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TRM is the module through which TOs can be automatically assigned to a Worker/Forklift profiles based on the ZONES/Storage types/Handling Unit types. TRM is a seperate Module, and is integrated into WM module.

Thanks

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Finally and after having taken of the documentation, TRM module shall answer our needs.

Many Thanks all for your replies,

Sandrine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are also planning to implement TRM.Is it possible for you to share the material for SCM635.

Regards,

mmuser