cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product specific planning calendar in procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a Product specific planning calendar in SNP that can be used to only create requistions for delivery on a day of the week e.g Tuesdays and Thursdays.

It seems that this can be achieved in ECC by using a Planning calendar in MRP 2 view but I cannot see anything in APO that will do the same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help

I have met ther requirement by using the Transport calendar in the Transportation Lane.

I created multiple means of Transport e.g. Truck: Monday and Wednesday, Truck: Tuesday and Thursday etc and assigned Products individually to the relevant Transport. It seems to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer, it could be useful.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to work for grouping together requistions more than once in the period. For example Tuesday and also Thursday, however I may be able to do something with staggered Planning runs in conjunction with the above.

Regards

Elamobel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elamobel,

Sorry I didn't understood completely your question.

You want order on tuesday AND thursday!

What I and thinking now will be to run in daily bucket with limited calendar on the production resource and the transportation lane.

You could also use thye production and shipping calendar defined at location level.

thanks and regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elamobel,

You shoud normally the period factor to define where in the week your order should be placed.

You can define period factor either in the product master, the transportation lane (for external) or PPM (for internal).

The system first check for PPM or transportation lane, if it does not find anything, then product master, if nothing then it use 0.5 (in the middle of the week)

Note: it does not work with the SNP optimiser, (the optimiser uses bucket offset, but with a different logic). If you are using the optimiser you need to implement a small badi to modify the output order...

I hope it helps

Thanks and Regards

Julien