cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress Bar / Wait message in a BSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !!

I am developing a BSP application which would collect the user input and update multiple customised transactions .

Since the updation takes a longer time I need to show a 'progress bar' or a 'wait message' from the instant i initiate data updates and then call the initial page again with message that data has been successfully updated or other wise with error list.

I searched for the solution in WEBLOGS and FORUM but with no success .

Please let me know how can i get about it . Solution with sample code would be a big help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to SDN.

you can use <xhtmlb:protectDoubleSubmit> for this purpose

also check out the following weblog

/people/artem.gratchev/blog/2005/02/02/1001-mistake-in-bsp-programing-1-reaction-time

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the suggesstion I am able to get the wait html now however HTML is opening with the 'Cancel' - 'X' button as active hence the user can still cancel the processing window and go ahead .

How can i disable the 'Cancel' button which appears at the right hand corner top of the Browser window ?

Thanks looking forward to the solution.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think you can control the X button in browser. as an alernative did you try xhtmlb:protectdoublesubmit?

also check out this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/data processing indications - please wait.article

Regards

Raja

Reward points to helpful answers by choosing appropriate radiobuttons in the answers, thats SDN way of saying thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja ,

Thanks for that I have implemented the double protect its working now. Since the articles example uses the JAVA SCRIPT button to trigger event ..SearchFlight() ..it looks at odds with my other buttons from HTMLB tag . Can you please let me know how can i trigger same function'SearchFlight()' using HTMLB button ..I tried submitting that to Onclick pramater but it does not work.

regards

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can trigger the javascript from the onClientClick attribute of htmlb:button

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks raja ..for the proactive guidance . Now I have implemented the things and its working fine . Though as u suggestes I could not remove the 'X' from the webpage browser but i could stop the user from further processing using Protect Double Click element .

Thanks

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This was really what I was looking for :

<xhtmlb:protectDoubleSubmit>

Thank you Raja !

Regards,

Alexandre.

Answers (0)