cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup with DB13/BRBACKUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I try to find out whether and how the folder names created by DB13/BRBACKUP (Full and Inkrementelles backup) can be changed. With the parametre "backup_root_dir" (Default: ORACLE_HOME / sapbackup) you can determine, where BRBACKUP should save the database files. Well, in case of a full and incremental backup Oracle creates a funny folder within the "backup_root_dir" directory and I couldn't found out how to change this, within the "backup_root_dir" created directory. I wanted to plan 4 Full backups for a month (always 1 / week namely on Sundays) named <SID> FullBackup1, <SID> FullBackup2, <SID> FullBackup3 and u2026 4. The fifth full backup should overrite the first backup and so long. Every backup should be saved on the disk, it means I'm not gonna use bands (cause this case is an exception). For incremental backups I have planned a similar destiny. The folder which contains the incremental backup should be called similarly (<SID>InkrBackup1, u2026 6)the numbering goes to 6 instead of 4, because the incremental backups are planned daily from Monday to Saturday. Do you have an idea, how to do this? Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this you are looking for?

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/47/204b5bc4091149e10000000a11466f/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

no at all:-(Unfortunately, there is no parameter (or at least I couldn't find it) which I could use to define the output directory in which all the database files will be saved (in case of full backup you will find here the conrol files, log files and database files). Cause normally if you make a backup with BRBACKUP or BRTOOLS or DB13, then a

directory will be created in the path defined by the parameter "backup_root_directory"(normally it's "<Oracle_Home>/sapbakup"). This directory has a random name "bjq..." and contains all the mentioned files above. You know at least how to force brbackup to overrite the last full backup? Thx for your help!!!

Edited by: Attila Zavaczky on Sep 4, 2009 1:39 PM