cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting a blank page before a command for page break

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have requirement of smartform tht print plant wise pages and for tht i have one event sort begin on werks.

so when i use command go to new page it is working fine but it leaves the first page blank and starts from the second page.

and i want to remove tht blank page.

the blank page is coming bcoz i have a command go to new page i.e &page1

so it prints the first page blank for every selection criteria.

hope u get my point

reply ASAP.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i guess may be u defined the COMMAND 'Go to New Page' before all the windows printing, try to call the COMMAND after all the windows printing...

Hope it helps!!

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Put that command node after all windows get displayed..Mostly you can put a main window like that after all windows and give command to main window. Then when control goes to main window after displaying all windows then it moves to next page...If you want to display data after Command node..Then you can create Final Windows before main window and give its alignment according to requirement of page display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkat ,

thanks for the reply

but let me clear the idea behind my report

in smartform i have three events first is for state total , plant total , party total,

so the state shuld come in the header part on the top of the page and then all plants of tht state shuld cum on diff pages rite.

and for these plants party total is to be there so when party ends party total is cuming rite . when plant ends plant total is coming rite

every thing is cuming rite.

so i have 3 event on the 2 event i.e of plant i have used command go to new page page 1

so it goes to new page but the only problem is my first page is blank and then comes the state as header and all plant at diffrent pages then state ends and state total then next state as follows .

the only problem is i want to remove tht first page only tht is blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

try put a condition in Conditions tab of COMMAND (eg: 1 = 2) which should never true...and check whether still you r getting the blank page or not?

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN COMMAND I USE THT 1 = 2 THING

the blank page is not cuming but the next page is not triggering WHEN THE PLANT CHANGES

SO IT IS NOT WORKING

Former Member
0 Kudos

but did u gave any other condition aprat from 1 = 2, in CONDITION tab of command?

better u do in this way, define a variable (say flag), make the varaible as 'X' whenever the plant changes and give a condition FLAG = 'X' in the condition tab of COMMAND (& remove condition 1 = 2, it is just for testing to know where the problem is coming).

Hope it helps!!

Rgds,

Pavan