cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Ia m getting following Error in SXMB_MONI..

"RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Cannot produce target element /ns0:ShippingDetails/Record. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd at com.sap.aii.ibrun.server.mapping.JavaMapping.executeStep(JavaMapping.java:73) at ".

Can someone help me with this error please?

Thanks

Sahil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sahil,

Your nodes in target structure /ns0:ShippingDetails/Record has a cardinality of 1..1 or 1..n. However the node of source structure is missing in the inbound message hence the failure.

Try changing cardinality or you can do mapping based on existence of source node.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based upon above post i feel ur Message mapping is not correct.

Can u make the node occurence to 0..unbounded(If the business requirements are not voilated) and check once.

else

you need to map such a way that all the nodes with occurence 1..1 or 1..unbounded should get atleast one occurence of the elemets present in it.

I hope this will help you.

Still not resolved let us know how u mapped ur source to destination.

Babu

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Mostly this kind of error occurs only if the mandatory fields on the target side sturcture are not getting filled during mapping execution .Make sure that all the mandatory fields are mapped properly and the mapped target fields should get values from source side .So,check the mapping.

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

This happens when u have mapped anu field ( mostly with some UDF or any function) and the input field (node) is not present in the XML. Just ur XML , and see if any mandatory nodes are missing

Mostly one of the inputs to this field /ns0:ShippingDetails/Record is either blank or the node doesnt exist.

Regards.

Edited by: Vinithra Iyangar on Sep 4, 2009 8:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take the payload from SXMB_MONI and try to execute the mapping in test tab of message mapping and check the mapping for the

element ShippingDetails/Record

and for debugging rightclick the node and select display queue for runtime value passing..

also check the node is mapped or not ...

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh..

Id id the same as u mentioned there i am getting the Same error which i am not able tio understand..

please ur inputs wil be very much helpful..

do reply

Thanks

Sahil

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Id id the same as u mentioned there i am getting the Same error which i am not able tio understand..

When you pasted the payload in Test tab of message mapping, is ther any node with color red in source (go to XML view then you can see it)

if yes then compare teh payload which you have taken from moni and the one which gets generated when you click the Generate XML instance button in the test tab of Message mapping. There should be a change in either the node name or name space etc.. just have a look

if everything is green, then do a display queu of the target node (in graphical mapping screen) and you will get more idea

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post the mapping used at that field and check each step queues what exactly is passing to target node...

hope there are no red symbols field for the mapping structures on both sides

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Take a look at this weblog -

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Also try running the interface thru test tab of runtime work bench..

That way you can try to limit your focus area that may be creating the error.

Regards,

Divya